ReefCleaners.org

Roger's 50G Frag Tank

TheKleinReef

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

I dosed daily for a week, then tested before water change. Adjusted doses as necessary, dosed daily for a week, and tested before water change. That pretty much dialed it in with no math involved. I checked weekly for a while to make sure everything was stabile, now I test every month or two and nothing changes. You'll never get it figured out unless you dose the same amount daily and see what it does over the course of a week.

Pretty much this. Most people around here like to test daily and freak out if anything changes lol. I'm in chad's boat, though. I only test if shit seems to have hit a fan.

That is going to be an outrageously sexy dosing setup. Remember that the build quality on the Vertex Vessels is not very good - you will likely have to do some DIY to make them useable. They do look great though.

TheKleinReef

That is going to be an outrageously sexy dosing setup. Remember that the build quality on the Vertex Vessels is not very good - you will likely have to do some DIY to make them useable. They do look great though.

i've heard, but it shouldn't be too difficult to seal them up.

The next goal....

Make a nice stand/table for the electrical and dosing pump. any suggestions om pre fabricated ones? or should i just modify the one i have?

TheKleinReef

That's not too bad, you should see my rat's nest / electrical fire waiting to happen.

i'm not sure i want too. :mellow:

but this is halfway through rewiring. by the end of today, i will conquer this. i'm trying to attach the wire loops i'm making to the back of the little stand i have all my electrical in.

TheKleinReef

Will those work over a 2" eurobrace? I was looking at them but they're pretty huge

You could drill holes in the brace to fit the swirls. The beauty of these swirls is that the coral get hit with flow and then a moment of rest before they are hit again! I would have used them on my build but I did not want another pressure pump with the high electrical needs unlike powerheads, also they are big. But I think they are the closet to the real thing for flow along with surge devices but they produce to much bubbles and noise!

TheKleinReef

Tip. If you know you might not be able to answer your phone in the next 48 after ordering, don't order from aquacave. They just canceled my order cause I didn't answer my phone. Even though I gave 3 other ways of contact....

Regardless my phone is on super loud mode in anticipation for the next call. If it ever comes.

Tip. If you know you might not be able to answer your phone in the next 48 after ordering, don't order from aquacave. They just canceled my order cause I didn't answer my phone. Even though I gave 3 other ways of contact....

Regardless my phone is on super loud mode in anticipation for the next call. If it ever comes.

Wow. I have never heard of a company canceling an order because you did not answer your phone. Do they require that you confirm your order over the phone?!

TheKleinReef

Wow. I have never heard of a company canceling an order because you did not answer your phone. Do they require that you confirm your order over the phone?!

It wasn't stated that they needed a phone confirmation on the email I got of the order summary. Which is why I was so surprised when they canceled it.

It wasn't stated that they needed a phone confirmation on the email I got of the order summary. Which is why I was so surprised when they canceled it.

Were there any live animals or food? That is just weird. :wacko:

Archived