Top Shelf Aquatics

Roger's 50G Frag Tank

TheKleinReef

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be a Hoeksemai

i don't think so. i think its a formosa. and it's a very very fast grower. which hoeksemai i've heard is not.

Sucks to hear about the problems. It always seems to happen when you are gone. At least most everything is ok.

i got everything sorted out. the STN on the echinata stopped after an emergency frag. and its recovering nicely. which i'm sooooo happy. it was doing so well.

Haven't updated this thread in a while!

parameters:

Ca: 420

Alk: 7.5

Mg: 1400 (dosed too much, bringing it back down now)

Temp: 79.9-80.1

dosing:

Ca: 20mL @ 2x10mL

Alk: 24mL @ 4x6mL

Mg: 5mL @ 1x5mL

some crap iphone pics, i may edit these and repost them later, if i have energy.

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/E3143348-D9B3-4EA5-82A2-586D20ED8412.jpg.html'>E3143348-D9B3-4EA5-82A2-586D20ED8412.jpg

bunch o' frags:

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/3F78F963-9E72-4C43-8678-EEC25BEA6975.jpg.html'>3F78F963-9E72-4C43-8678-EEC25BEA6975.jpg

my gono fully recovered! its amazing now!

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/43F82E97-C628-4587-B90A-CB568070088E.jpg.html'>43F82E97-C628-4587-B90A-CB568070088E.jpg

fragged this baby 1 month ago, here's what's grown back in that time:

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/F65B8B78-1834-46D4-A4C5-EF1C41A75F39.jpg.html'>F65B8B78-1834-46D4-A4C5-EF1C41A75F39.jpg

realllllllly bad FTS, i'll get a better one. its hard since i can't really get the whole tank in view cause the room is so small....

http://s147.photobucket.com/user/roger_090/media/53A4A8D3-6F67-475B-AE98-18C8DFF1D10F.jpg.html'>53A4A8D3-6F67-475B-AE98-18C8DFF1D10F.jpg

stock, some of which i don't know the names of:

red birdsnest

Birds of paradise (that turned pink)

pink birdsnest

green formosa

red delicate (not sure of the real name, it has brigher green polyps as well)

blue tip echinata

myagi tort

something lemonade.... (goldish with red polyps)

green slimer

blue/purple mille

some type of purple deep water

I could really use a tank like this right now.

Looks like your have some room for more in there, are you just fragging from your 60G or are you adding pieces from outside?

I could really use a tank like this right now.

Looks like your have some room for more in there, are you just fragging from your 60G or are you adding pieces from outside?

mainly from the 65. but i've been slowly adding to this tank as well. when i come across small frags for cheap at the LFS i put them in this tank to grow out a bit before they go into the 65. i haven't adding anything to this tank in a while.

Looks like an awesome collection!

thanks!

it's gettin' there. just need to keep collecting/trading.

ever since ios 5 came out, my iphone pics and videos have been super grainy and blurry when i upload them to my computer. anyone know what could have happened?

jedimasterben

thanks!

ever since ios 5 came out, my iphone pics and videos have been super grainy and blurry when i upload them to my computer. anyone know what could have happened?

Ios5? That's apple telling you to buy a new phone lol

thanks!

i'm a huge derp. i meant ios 7... bahahah

full room shot!

Looks like you have room for another tank in there :naughtydance:

If I could I would add another tank the same exact size and plumb it into the same sump. Oh the things I could do with 120 gallons. :)

Baha maybe one day. I'd kill for an 8x4x2ft display tank. I gotta stop typing or I'm gonna keep making bigger dreams. Lol

getting frustrated with color in this tank....

may end up getting another radion gen1 and getting rid of the loud halides..

i also need to do some major rearranging in the frag tank. maybe this week i will.

anyone got a good lighting recommendation? maybe a bulb switch, i'm running 14Ks now, with radions royal blues as supplement and its not helping much...

Would an 48" ATI unit not do the job well? With that said, there was (not sure if there still is) a radion gen 1 with the lens upgrades special running.

Would an 48" ATI unit not do the job well? With that said, there was (not sure if there still is) a radion gen 1 with the lens upgrades special running.

I'd love to go t5. But a used radion would be cheaper. I found a used one for $350. Might jump on that deal.

I'm going to show this to my fiancé so she knows that I want when we are looking to buy a house lol.

Bahahah! It's awesome to have I gotta admit. :P

Archived