SaltCritters.com

Our friend Jeremai has passed away.

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

My heart aches to share the news I heard late last night, that our friend, longtime Nano-Reef.com member and moderator, Jeremai has passed away.

Jeremai Girouard, age 27, passed away in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 13, 2012. He was born March 24, 1985 in Hartford, Connecticut to parents Peter Girouard and Elena Underwood. He had been a Nevada resident for 10 years. Jeremai worked as a Slot Host in the Gaming Industry. He is survived by his mother, Elena Underwood in Salinas, California; father, Peter Girouard of Broad Brook, Connecticut; sisters, Amy Girouard of North Las Vegas, Nevada and Nancy Ternes of Surprise, Arizona. Arrangements under the direction of Palm Mortuary, 7400 W. Cheyenne Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada.

Jeremai was very passionate about this hobby and our community, he touched the lives of many people here through friendship and advice. His articles and guides here on the forum, and his personal site ficklewaters.com, have helped so many hobbyists over the years. Many of us were fortunate to get to know Jeremai on a more personal level through our off-topic discussions in the lounge, his sharp wit and wisdom will be missed. My heart goes out to Jeremai's friends, family, and loved ones left behind.

Jeremai's obituary has an online Guest Book where you can express your condolences to his family. Please post any thoughts you'd care to share there, or here in this discussion. We're not sure if Jeremai's family is aware of his involvement in our community and how much it meant to him, but we hope to reach out to them with our condolences.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not personaly know Jer, But wish I had of known him. My condolences for his friends and family!

slippy steve

Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self-serving, I shall simply say...[shows Vulcan hand salute]...Good luck.

Archived