Pod Your Reef

Texan's 2.5G Reef

irishtexan

AT LEAST 36wts, double that if possible. And I must ask d00d, where are you getting all this $$$? I'm getting paod friday, and i'm being generous by buying only some zoas and a umbrella leather.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^lol Are you a teen too? I am 14 and I pay for some and then my parents pay the rest(my dad is a CEO). They are VERY supportive of my hobbies.

I am still trying to figure out what to do about lighting the carpet tank. I dont think it will be long enough to house 2-36W. I think that 1-28W would be good because the tank is only going to be around 2G-

texx

I added 2 small zoo frags to the tank! I will be adding more this weekend.

FTS:

100_0465.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the mini carpet anemone pico, I think I might have found something to use.

It is really clear too.

Here are some pics of it with a tomato as a scale.

Front view:

100_0474.jpg

Side view:

100_0475.jpg

Filled with water:

100_0477.jpg

glad to see the addiction of making smaller and smaller tanks hasn't been lost!

I've pondered what else I could make a small tank out of -- but the upkeep and maintenance is a pain.

^lol. Thanks for starting it! :D

For lighting I was thinking about one of those clip on red sea lights. Where could I get one? Or, I was think about getting one of these:

Link

^That would be a little more work because I would have to make a hood or something to hold it.

I need some help with circulation/filteration.

texx

^Thanks adin! Its getting there. This is my 2nd tank so hopefully it would look 110% better.

Also, LMK if you want to sell any of those anems! :D They are AMAZING.

I was think about maybe this would work for circulation?

LINK

texx

Fryed-lol! The second pic wasnt the brain, it was the sun coral again.

I dont know for sure I am going to use the glass thing. It isnt that tall. The demensions are 7.5in by 2.5in by 2.5in (l/w/h)

I need some help with the lighting and circulation.

texx

Circulation! pfft come on irish thats easy! For lighting there is a PC fixture (Satalite I think) that can be either 18 watts or 32 watts! but the 32 watt is about 80$....

^^hahaha. Right :D That is a little too expensive for this little "tank"

Fryed-what were you think for circulation? I would rather not use a bubbler.

I am going to be adding some more coral to my this weekend! Prob. some xenia and GSP.

I still need help!!!

texx

well did you upgrade to an aquaclear yet? or do you still have el chepo? (regal lol) if you didn't upgrade yet keep the EL CHEPO and buy a aquaclear, then mod it into a fuge, keep booth filters (el chepo for chemical/mech) and aqua for fuge! :D good flo then!

lol. Yes I still have the regent. I actually like it. It works pretty great. Just enough flow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PICO:

Circulation-

Lighting-

I need help with both of these.

texx

Fryed- Ill take it! lol You could just frag a couple heads off. Just get a screw driver and a hammer and put it between the head and hit it with the hammer and ta da!

texx

Mvite-Do you still have any galaxia availiable?

texx

Hey there!! LOL

I am wiped out of galaxia---you don't want that in a small tank. I had a tiny piece left (it may have been the one I cut for you) -- but I had it left and put it on ebay with some acanthastrea---but the point of my story is this:

I had the tiny galaxia in my prop tank alongside the nice cube of acan in order to take a pic. The freakin' galaxia was "reaching" -- like 1.5" or more!!! -- to try and sting the acan. You don't need something aggressive like that in a small tank.

Archived