Innovative Marine Aquariums

Texan's 2.5G Reef

irishtexan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your tank looks like one of those "more bars in more places" cell phone comercial! HAHA just kidding. I like it! I have too much rock in my tank but it has grown on me.

What are your stocking plans?

Prowland-Thanks!

Fryed-lol

Here are the test results!!!!

Ammonia-0

Nitrate-0

Nitrite-0

pH-7.8

I think it is cycled!!!! I might add my CU crew today.

texx

ive heard from a lot of people not to mess with the pH until after your tank has been established for awhile cuz it might change a little

^^OK thanks! I add a couple of zoo polyps to the tank that were floating around in my 5.5G I of them has opened so that is a good sign!

Also, what is a good temperature for the tank to be at? Mine goes between 78 and 80. Is that too high?

texx

78 - 80 is pretty much ideal. As long as it doesn't go over say 83 or below 76 I think you'd be fine. The smallest swing in temps is really more important. 80 - 82 is better on the tank than 73 - 83. In the winter I plug in a Hydor 7.5 watt pad heater.

BTW: Like the rock work. :)

doncb-Thanks! I was surprised be cause my pico only fluctuates 2 degrees the whole day/night. LMK about the majanos, PM me a pic please.

During the day it only gets up to 80 and at night it only gets down to 78.

Also, does it matter when I add the frogspawn to my tank? Does it have to running for any length of time, or not?

Thanks!

texx

from my experience, frogspawns and all euphyllias can be touchy, so i would wait at least a month. And about the pH, just bring it up gradually. O and don't forget to test calcium if you're adding stonies. must be atleast 350 ppm.

Ok thanks!

I will add it later this month then. I added some really small zoo frags and they are doing great. I am also getting a TON of stuff this weekend. A leather, zoo's, xenia, etc.

I will post pics later today.

texx

Hello guys!

I had an idea today. Tell me what you think. I was thinking about doing all kinds of anemones. Like rock anemones, flower anemones, mini carpets, and a waratah, etc. I dont know though cause if they start growing crazy and I want to remove one, they are supposed to be a real pain to get off the rock.

LMK what you think.

texx

^^lol

So I am going to be adding coral this weekend! I am also, getting a waratah for this tank too. I plan for it to be my centerpiece of the tank!

I also had a really neat idea. I am going to build a tank just for mini carpets. I want to have an assortment of different colors. It will be a pico too. For demensions I was thinking about 14in long, 5in wide and 7in tall. I will let you know when it starts getting put together!

texx

Waratah's are cold water anemones..

srry ...

also i havnt seen mini caprets in more then brown/tanish, blah green, and purple....

and ussually its 2 or three of those colors on the anemone... so i dont know what u mean by assirortment of colors

also.... keep some coral b4 u jump right into anemone's

FF-I have a 5.5G with lots of coral and a flower anemone so its not my first tank.

I am getting 1-2 green/pink mini carpets soon.

texx

ohh srry dude.. lolol also didnt mean to come off as a jerk....(also rock anemones are REALLY easy to care for compared to normal hosting anemones.. and waratah's)

im assuming ur not getting the waratah anymore?

or are you setting up a coldwter tank.... a coldwater tank would be SWEET!!!

lol don't worry about it man.

I dont think that I am getting the waratah anymore. I want to setup up a mini carpet anem tank. That would be SWEET. I am thinking about making one myself. It would be a really long and skinny tank.

texx

^I will :D

I need some help with it though. What could I do for lighting? I was thinking either LED's or making a little hood to house a single 36W PC. At the most the tank would be 3G. For demensions I was thinking 15in long, 7in high, and 5in wide.

For filtration I was think about one of those pumps with a spray bar(I need some help finding it) or an AZOO palm filter.

Also, should I build it out of glass or acrylic?

texx

Archived