SaltCritters.com

Texan's 2.5G Reef

irishtexan

I setup a 2.5G tank for my desk at home. I have a 20W 50/50 Coralife bulb over it. There is about 2 lbs of LR, and 2lbs of LS. The LR and most of the sand are from an established tank so the cycle shouldn't be too long. It has been cycling for about 1 week now.

I am going to be keeping blastos(I am counting on you Max! lol), a small neon green and pink frogspawn, xenia(on its own island), GSP(on its own island), some rics and shrooms, and of course zoo's!

I just did a little water change so the water level is a little low.

Now for the FTS:

100_0440.jpg

LMK what you think about it!

texx

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's not overly obvious from the picture -- but I can see it now that he's pointed it out.

Tank still has lots of potential -- can't wait to see it stocked.

And I can't wait till I get my digital camera so I can update all my posts finally!

Thanks Argent! It means alot coming for you!

I can't wait to get it stocked. I bought the frogspawn today at MACNA(which was awesome by the way!). So I will be adding it soon.

texx

Today I went to MACNA in Houston. It was awesome. I got some pink/blue zoo's, a neon green and pink frogspawn, and an unheard of frag from Eric Borneman!

Here are the awesome freebies!

100_0454.jpg

and here is some new, cool technology/tanks:

100_0455.jpg

texx

FF-lol. I will ASAP. The frogspawn has really extended, the zoo's are still opening, and the other one is still opening.

Max-lol its fine. I can't wait either! lol

texx

Argent-LMK what you get! I wish I would have been able to get more stuff though. Eric is a really cool guy too.

Fryed-lol. I will as soon as I clean the glass a bit. I dont want to post a pic until It is extended fully.

texx

I'm getting some more RPE's, some more pink palys, Bam Bam's, and some cool green zoas. Problem is I don't know where I'm going to put them all -- my tanks are mostly full.

Thanks FF! I like the rockwork too. I might add the CU tomorrow depending on the test results. It should be almost done cycling because almost everything came from an established reef.

texx

Archived