ReefCleaners.org

EZ's AP 12

ezcompany

i think ritteri and magnifica are different names for the same thing

these guys get gigantic, but are super sexy when hosting clowns

i would call up LA and hint that they may want to reconsider their classification. let them know that you're "disappointed"

IME, LA's very good about keeping customers happy.

who knows... it may be a bta afterall though. i HAVE seen purple BTAs with similar markings, but the sightings have been very rare.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think ritteri and magnifica are different names for the same thing

these guys get gigantic, but are super sexy when hosting clowns

i would call up LA and hint that they may want to reconsider their classification. let them know that you're "disappointed"

IME, LA's very good about keeping customers happy.

who knows... it may be a bta afterall though. i HAVE seen purple BTAs with similar markings, but the sightings have been very rare.

if its a hitterri i'm getting my money back.

alright, this girl is HUGE. i'm so glad i moved my clam this morning otherwise it would've been absolutely smothered....

morning sunlight pic

img0349iz3.jpg

brief halide pic

img0344io9.jpg

when Liveaquaria said she was 7 inches, i didn't think they were talking about the base being 7 inches lol

It looks like a Heteractis magnifica to me, but i am no expert. That is the one that I know of with a purple base like that. Did LiveAquaria sell it as a BTA?

It looks like a Heteractis magnifica to me, but i am now expert. That is the one that I know of with a purple base like that. Did LiveAquaria sell it as a BTA?

yes they did. as the entacmaea quadricolor

Here is a close up of the tentacles of Heteractis magnifica. I think that is what you have. Compare the pictures of yours in the specimen container and this one - especially in the area where the body meets the tentacles.

AnemoneTentacleH.magnifica3-9.3x5.jpg

23359928.jpg

All of my BTAs have seemless transitions between their bodies and tentacles. And their bodies are white/opaque, not purple.

HTH

Here is a close up of the tentacles of Heteractis magnifica. I think that is what you have. Compare the pictures of yours in the specimen container and this one - especially in the area where the body meets the tentacles.

AnemoneTentacleH.magnifica3-9.3x5.jpg

23359928.jpg

All of my BTAs have seemless transitions between their bodies and tentacles. And their bodies are white/opaque, not purple.

HTH

thanks brshriver. i have had 3 RC sources confirm its a BTA (Anemone, Liveaquaria Director, and Flighty).

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...mp;pagenumber=4

-----------------------------------------------------

here is what Liveaquaria said:

ezcompany,

I want to thank you for your order, and can assure you that with the proper care and aquarium set up your anemone will thrive for many years to come.

This rare color morph of Entacmaea quadricolor (Bulb Tip Anemone) was harvested and sold directly from the Export Station that we deal with in Tonga. The operations manager of the Tongan station explained to me that it was very rare to find these anemones in this coloration with a purple base, pastel purple/white tentacles, and purple/maroon tips. Knowing this I purchased every one that was harvested (which was not that many), so in my opinion they should be very difficult to find here in the US from any other online vendor or brick and mortar retailer.

I am 100% positive based on the features and markings of these animals that they are Entacmaea quadricolor. The pricing of these animals reflects the size of each specimen. Last weeks few that were sold on Thursday and Friday were much smaller than the ones offered on the Divers Den section of the LiveAquaria.com web site this week.

Congratulations on your purchase; you are one of the few enthusiasts who is fortunate enough to own and care for this incredible colored anemone.

------------------------------------------------------

here is what Anemone said

Based upon the column (no verrucae and appearance), I'd say it's a BTA.

yeaaaa...the ridiculously expensive picassos (both!) are hosting my ridiculously expensive anemone!!!!

expensive bed for an expensive fish.

they sure know how to choose quality

yeaaaa...the ridiculously expensive picassos (both!) are hosting my ridiculously expensive anemone!!!!

What a waste of monies if they hadn't. :P

• 3 weeks later...
Cool tank EZ... Are you happy with the AP and the 70 watt sunpod? How are the clams doing?

tank is very stock, i'm quite content with the AP and the 70 watt thanks for asking. the baby clams have all been transferred to the 24 aquapod, which i'm also happy with.

AcroporaLokani
tank is very stock, i'm quite content with the AP and the 70 watt thanks for asking. the baby clams have all been transferred to the 24 aquapod, which i'm also happy with.

Cool, i just ordered the 12 ap with 70 watt hqi so hopefully mine will look as good as yours.

Cool, i just ordered the 12 ap with 70 watt hqi so hopefully mine will look as good as yours.

you must've got the md deal then, that is the best price out there!

hey ez, how's the stock flow in that ap12? you using any supplemental powerheads?

stock flow is very weak. i was using a k2 but the other tanks took priority. now its only stock flow, but everything is doing fine.

btw, i recommend not doing anemones in a 12 gallon, i lost 2 nems in this tank :(

the clowns were also being very rough on it as well. i think nems need decent flow.

AcroporaLokani
you must've got the md deal then, that is the best price out there!

Yup i did i ordered it yesterday and im thinking of ordering another today. Have you ever had acropora or montipora under the 70 watt HQI sunpod?

Archived