Top Shelf Aquatics

EZ's AP 12

ezcompany

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eeeez you orange acan looks better than mine :(

mine actually fell in the sand yesterday and i never noticed it gone. then i realized and rescued it face down, and its looking like crap :(

• 3 weeks later...
Come on guys seriously, you gotta take better care of your stuff that way we can frag and swap once they grow out! ;)

hey guys

i created my own reef food for the first time today since i gots me a 500w blender.

i wanted to add more ingredients but it just became too cumbersome. here is what i added:

Seaweed sheets (Nori)

Fresh whole shrimp (with shell)

Fresh whole squid (ink taken out)

Cyclopeeze frozen

Cyclopeeze flake

Freshwater cyclops

Formula 2 flake

Reef Roids

Ultramin powder food

Kent Zoomax

Liquidlife Coral Food 2

DT's reef blend phyto plankton

Spirulina flakes

Selcon

Vitachem

as expected, fish went nuts for it. if any of you would like some i have extra so lmk. (socal pls)

hey guys

i created my own reef food for the first time today since i gots me a 500w blender.

i wanted to add more ingredients but it just became too cumbersome. here is what i added:

Seaweed sheets (Nori)

Fresh whole shrimp (with shell)

Fresh whole squid (ink taken out)

Cyclopeeze frozen

Cyclopeeze flake

Freshwater cyclops

Formula 2 flake

Reef Roids

Ultramin powder food

Kent Zoomax

Liquidlife Coral Food 2

DT's reef blend phyto plankton

Spirulina flakes

Selcon

Vitachem

as expected, fish went nuts for it. if any of you would like some i have extra so lmk. (socal pls)

I wants some!!!1 BTW, Magic Bullet ownz 500w blender! :P

I wants some!!!1 BTW, Magic Bullet ownz 500w blender! :P

magic bullet is a peice of crap....try a 650watt industrial...I had the wife order from her starbuck suplier......Ez I find that if you dont cut up every thing first and add them by what is larger first you will get an even blend....also add nori and all flakes last or they will turn into a mud that will dissipate in the water and will only dirty your water.....silicon ice trays are also vary nice they have trays that make half an inch wide round eggs at ikea......nice to others expanding then reef pallet.

magic bullet is a peice of crap....try a 650watt industrial...I had the wife order from her starbuck suplier......Ez I find that if you dont cut up every thing first and add them by what is larger first you will get an even blend....also add nori and all flakes last or they will turn into a mud that will dissipate in the water and will only dirty your water.....silicon ice trays are also vary nice they have trays that make half an inch wide round eggs at ikea......nice to others expanding then reef pallet.

k i have enough for 2 people only. bring a box with a cold pack if possible.

matt, when are you picking up your mico :)

k i have enough for 2 people only. bring a box with a cold pack if possible.

matt, when are you picking up your mico :)

Uhh, I can make time this week sometime. :) How safe is K-town when the sun sets? :o lol!

don't make me start on my rant against ktown, i'll probably get banned on N-R for racism!

btw, my blender is an Oster. are those reputable?

don't make me start on my rant against ktown, i'll probably get banned on N-R for racism!

btw, my blender is an Oster. are those reputable?

Hells yeah! They also make bomb ass margaritas too!

Osters are good, Kitchen-Aid and CusineArt own too though!!

You can rant off to me about K-Town. I dunno if it's racist to rag on your own culture, lol!! Heck, I did just that this morning. :lol:

Osters are good, Kitchen-Aid and CusineArt own too though!!

You can rant off to me about K-Town. I dunno if it's racist to rag on your own culture, lol!! Heck, I did just that this morning. :lol:

well, not my own culture....more so the people of Iz, if you know what i mean....lol

Doh!! Stop lending out half of cigarettes! :P

i was scared for my life that time...

anyways, when can you come! fish food is now first come first serve!

i was scared for my life that time...

anyways, when can you come! fish food is now first come first serve!

Ok, lemme see if I can come tonight, g/f is off work at 6 from the LBC, and she'd want to tag along with. I know I know... omgomgomg How much moniez to I owe you??

Ok, lemme see if I can come tonight, g/f is off work at 6 from the LBC, and she'd want to tag along with. I know I know... omgomgomg How much moniez to I owe you??

just 30 ;) what i paid for it

• 1 month later...

img7126nw6.jpg

img7115gh6.jpg

img7136kn8.jpg

img7120yp8.jpg

still working on the aquascape, so bear with me!

btw, there's a pair of ORA picassos in that 12 gallon somewhere, they're just being camera shy

Why wasn't the 12 that nice when I was last over? :P lol And what's the status on the Tubs?

Oh yeah, still gotta bring you back Paul's toady, he said he frags by cutting straight down it just like a piece of paper! :eek:

nice collection, what's your setup for the 12. Thinking of upgrading the wife's 12 lighting. You running a 70w MH. Heat, evap?

Sunpod 70 stock bulb

Tunze Osmolator

Aquaclear hob filter with carbon and floss

JBJ 1/10 Chiller keeping things cool

Heat is an issue during the summer, goes upto 84-85 without the chiller, evapwise i go through a 5 gallon bucket of fw for a week and a half on average

Archived