Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

whens the next contest?

prosnow

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,

I would love to enter a pico contest. I have a Mini Bow 7 as my main tank. It would be neat to set up a Mini bow 1 for a pico contest. I looked through the old contest and there were some great tanks. I have been looking for a reason to start up a pico.

Deleted User 7

How's about a 20 gal. long contest. Those seem to be rampant on this forum and there are some great looking ones out there!!!!

-Eben

the only way i see it to keep high participation in the contest is to keep the tank size small. costs will be low enough for most of us to afford it.

thatfishguy

man Im ready to do a contest. Im about to place my order with glasscages for my pico tank but I dont want to until I hear what the next contest will be. I would love to do one thats anything under 5 gallons.

how about DIY equipment contest?

Couple cats.

1. Nano-Reef friendly MH Pendent

2. Nano-Reef friendly Filteration device. (Skimmer, refugium, etc...)

3. Nano-Reef friendly reactors. (Calicum, Kalk etc...)

Not only this contest would be fun.....

It would add valuable resource to this community.

Fishfreak218

i agree with adin..

guys not everyone is good at DIY ....besides why do it yourself when you can have someone do it FOR you???

....besides why do it yourself when you can have someone do it FOR you???

Ummm....

1. Cheeper. (in most cases anyways!)

2. You can make it EXACTLY you want it.

3. Tons and Tons of fun!

4. Show it off in nano-reef.com!

alrighty, so when is it gonna start? I wanna order my tanks but not till the contest is announced!

no joke! i am getting antsy here! want to set up a small tank, but am holding off for the time being... would love to do it as a contest tank.

mods - anything in the works? same as last time? 5.5g display? maybe a september/october start?!? :D

yep, I would love to do an "anything under 5 gallons contest" I plan on ordering a 8x8x12 cube from glasscages.com for mine, or maybe a little bigger. heck it doesnt even have to have as big of prizes as the last one, I just want a reason to start a pico!

maybe some kind of common theme? e.g. only aquacultured corals/livestock or 75% must be aquacultured, etc. promotes "green/ecological reefing" blah-blah-blah.

maybe multiple categories again: Custom, DIY, Beginner, Advanced, Pico, Nano, etc.. the entrant could/would select the categories best suited for themselves or we can have suggested guidelines.

maybe open up the tank requirements to cover Pico (3-gallons or less) and Nano (3-gallons to 20-gallons).

sponsors could break up the sponsoring to specific categories, e.g. Coral Dynamics and Seacrop for Predominantly Aquacultured or Beginner/Advanced, dry goods sponsors could be DIY/Custom sponsors or overlap the Beginner/Advanced, etc.

or instead of monetary prizes the winner could be a featured aquarium in catalogs or something along those lines.

Archived