Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pico1's 55

pico1

you've got a good friend if he let you take all that live rock for free..wish i knew somebody like that! Good to see that your tank's coming along nicely.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yoshiod9: cool, I'll be at the meeting for sure

cpvince: the guy actually gave me his 180 gallon reef, said that I could have whatever I wanted out of it, then said that I could sell the rest and split the money with him. He owns about $5 millon in real estate so this tank was like nothin to him. He owns a house in fiji because he likes to snorkel there.

I traded 2 xenia frags and a frag of the leather for a toadstool leather, a few sun coral polyps, and a kenya tree frag today. The seio 1100 and 4 new corals come on friday :)

Thanks! If he wouldn't of done that for me it would of still been an ugly FO tank like in the first pic. All the new coral were from my local aquarium club's meeting last night. 2 of the sps were $5 each from other members, the rest of the sps I won in the raffle, and the zoos were traded for a frag of my xenia which I have fragged 4 times in the last month. Keep them comments coming. :)

I got those 3 corals above, a tray of mysis shrimp, and 4 nassarius snails all for $60! What does everyone think of the new corals?

I get great deals on coral as I live by the retail store of yourreef.com. Also since I am a member of my local aquarium club, MARS (Marine Aquarist Roundtable of Sacramento) I get a 20% discount :)

I didn't want this thread moved!!! We established that on page one! Whats up mods?

Alright whose the @ss that reported that my tank wasn't a nano? It's an opinion not a fact that it's not a nano and I have not seen anywhere thats says a tank size limit for tanks posted in the member's aquariums section!

Very nice, how are you liking the aquatic fundimentals hood? When I first saw it I wasn't too sure I liked it.

It's good for the price but as you can see on page one I modded it a bit to hold the sunpods. It looks good and is easy to keep clean. It was a PITA to put togeather though.

Kind of off topic, but what temp is your tank running at with the sunpods. Just curious, I was thinking about getting them for my 55gal tank but was afraid that they would get too hot. Also what size are they, the 20"?

Nice tank too!

I have 2, 20" 150w models as you can see in my sig. I don't have a glass top and I have a rotating fan behing the tank to blow across the surface. The fan only runs when the sunpods are on so my tank stays at a constant 78 degrees day and night. It would probally run cooler is it wasn't in a canopy too. I don't get too much evaporation though, mabey 1.5 gallons a week.

wow, i evap at least a gallon a day! lol. my tank is also stable around 78-80 but that's with a fan on for the duration of the photoperiod and with a 250w and 70w mh (and two iceprobes)...and an ambient of 78.

what's the ambient in your house, pico?

It's always 80 degrees during the day and at night its whatever the outside temp is as we use the whole house fan.

BTW how much do you sell those zoas in your sig for yoshid?

FTS, yoshid, saw on another thread that they were $15 a polyp. I'll PM you before the June meeting if I want some.

1100018.jpg

FTS, yoshid, saw on another thread that they were $15 a polyp. I'll PM you before the June meeting if I want some.

you're local, locals get cheaper prices. :) not much, but $10 per polyp with a 2 polyp minimum. sorry i missed out on the meeting...my gf and i had our last final on friday and went out to a few parties instead. :D tank is looking good, man!

-danny

Archived