Pod Your Reef

Pico1's 55

pico1

This is my 55 gallon reef that used to be a FOWLR tank for a few months. I will update often and appreciate comments, questions, and criticism. More info in sig.

FOWLR

abbb005.jpg

Just Live rock

abc005.jpg

Cutting the hood for the new light

abbb001.jpg

New light

abbb002.jpg

Lights on canopy

abc001.jpg

The sump/skimmer/fuge

abcd.jpg

Added everything from nano cube 6 and some more

abababa009.jpg

Planning on adding a seio 1100 soon.

I've also added cheato to the fuge and removed the hippo tang

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess i'll be the first.. nice tank pico. It actually looked pretty good with the fake corals/plants haha. The aquascape is pretty cool too

cpvince: fake corals and plants get boring really fast to look at. but thanks lol. And as far as my aquascape goes I all the other tanks that I've had I've hated my aquascaping, now that I didn't get to pick the rock I used for this tank I love my aquascape. My friend was moving and tore down his 180 gallon reef and he said that I could help myself to anything I wanted out of the tank for free. :)

Guitargod6453: I don't think a triggerfish would be well suited to my

tank but thanks. You really like niger triggerfish don't you?

It looks very good! I like all the different colors. I wouldn't consider a 55 a Nano though.

I kind of think of nano's being less than 35 gallons and pico's to be less than 10. JMO

just because someone else is doing it doesn't make it ok, does it? yeah...didn't think so. ;) plus, after you move yours to the right spot you can tell them that they need to move theirs as well. :D

The main reason I posted here is because it gets more traffic. Anyway if I'm doing somthing wrong the mods will be sure to let me know. BTW how much do you sell those zoas in your sig for?

just placed the order for the seio 1100. I am also fragging some of the zenia soon for my local reef club

Newby-Reefer

Thats a sweet. Tank.

I consider a 55 a nano look at it compared to some of the other tanks out there heck even the ocean.

Keep up the good work.

Surfzup2k4
ask a mod to move this to the 'large reefs' sub forum. a 55gallon tank isn't a nano, by any means. :)

Dude... this is the "Member's Aquariums" forum, and the last time I checked, he is a member and those are pics of his tank. Is it really worth bickering about? It won't affect you one way or the other. Chill out.

My local reefs club meeting is this friday and I will be adding a hot pink ROAB millipora, some green button polys and some other sps. I will post pics once everything settles in and the new seio is installed.

Water change schedule is whenever my nitrates reach 10ppm. I feed micro vert twice a week and add liquid reactor and iodine to topoff water.

Water change schedule is whenever my nitrates reach 10ppm. I feed micro vert twice a week and add liquid reactor and iodine to topoff water.

tank is looking good but you should stop feeding micro vert and adding miscellaneous additives that you (likely) aren't testing for. what is liquid reactor, btw? i think that by just doing water changes, you should be keeping up with all your corals' needs.

kent marine's liquid reactor is a complete calcium buffer system designed to give the same results as a calcium reactor without risk of overdose...bla bla bla. Thanks for the advice. I am new to sps and thought I need to add calcium/photo to keep them healthy.

nah, you don't really need any of those additives (unless, of course, you test for them and find that you're deficient!). :) as for the liquid reactor, i'm gonna have to look that one up...i've never heard of it! the fact remains, though, that you really don't need to add anything to your water, usually. just water changes should suffice! (that being said, make sure to take your top off water and your tank water to the meeting this friday to figure out what is potentially missing). if i make the meeting, i'll be the guy with the pierced lip and spiky hair...and i'll likely be dragging the gf along. :D hope to see you there!

-danny

Archived