Cultivated Reef

One Year 12g Nanocube DX

Bobalouy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure did Phil sorry, I wasnt planing on spending any money but I couldnt resist, they still have some nice pinkish ones. Its got 2 polyps and 1 with 2 mouths, so I'll feed them like a pigs and frag.

I might head up there today or tomorrow to check out what they have left.

Don't be sorry, it not a problem, my fault for not having money on me. Those are rare around these parts though, so when they split or you frag or whatever people do with rics, let me know. I might want to buy or trade for one.

Hey what are you running in your prop tank, just a little bit of LR and Chaeto? (BTW thanks for the chaeto you sent me about a month ago)

• 1 month later...
chrisstankevitz
I syphon out of chamber 3 first as much as I can then move to the display.

Why do you syphon water from chamber 3 when doing water changes?

Thanks,

Chris

Amazing tank

Questions from downunder: how do you clean the sides of your tank with so much soft corals touching?

I've just got a Tunze Magnet Glass Cleaner and keep an inch clear of the glass with my aquascaping/corals since I'm scared of knocking everything down/damaging tissue.

I'd lurv to aquascape up to the glass as you have.

Amazing tank

Questions from downunder: how do you clean the sides of your tank with so much soft corals touching?

I've just got a Tunze Magnet Glass Cleaner and keep an inch clear of the glass with my aquascaping/corals since I'm scared of knocking everything down/damaging tissue.

I'd lurv to aquascape up to the glass as you have.

same here bc right now i have one or 2 rocks leaning on my glass wondering how you keep soo clean

Back from the Dead!

chrisstankevitz - Just to clean out any crap in the back, and its also keeps the water level alittle higher in the display.

fingers - I really dont get too much algae on the glass. But what I use is a plastic razor blade, either in my hand or clamped in some surgical allis clamps like these.

052016.jpg

You could also just use a regular razor blade, but my clowns attach me the whole time my hand is in the tank so I dont want them to get cut.

DFWFire0618

Bobalouy,

I see you keep your salinity a little high; but what are the values of the rest of your water ie. Temp, PH, Alkalinity, Nitrates, Nitrites, etc...

(PS. Wonderful tank... Your tank is my model too...just like the many others here...)

Thanks,

Dustin

jake_reefdweller

First of all beautiful tank. Because of your tank i am now getting a 12g NC DX. I was wondering if you added any supplements like calcium etc.? Could you give me a link as to where you can get the cassette skimmer? I have looked around but havent found anything.

Obsessed Reefer

He said somewhere in here that he doesn't test at all. If xenia stops pumping, there is something off.

they are the canaries of water chemistry.

WOW! I am invious! I'm a newbie. I hope that mine looks as half as good as yours. What is the best advice you could give to a newbie?

Here are a few pics to celebrate One and half years. I was hoping to have a new tank set up by now but that got put on hold so the NC is hanging in there.

yrhalf.jpg

yrhalf_2.jpg

Yup I dont really test or dose anything, just good old Reef Crystals. Temp is 80-82.

OR - Where did you get that quote I dont think I ever said that, lol.

Obsessed Reefer

Oh. I swore you said that. Hmm. Maybe some other owner of a NC that I love. O well. Tank looks pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...

Im trying to get a 20L togeather, but I wrecked my car alittle while ago so that is the priority. There will be no GSP in the 20L thats for sure!

kickboxer0213

WOW! I think this is my 1st post and I just couldnt resist not saying how kick ass ur tank is! All that is in my tank is a blue spot jawfish and a clown with a anenome that takes half the tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived