Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

One Year 12g Nanocube DX

Bobalouy

FTS! FTS! FTS! Please?

You're lucky I was hung over and bored today, I'll take some better ones tonight, There is a bad reflection from the windows.

fts_prod.jpg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fts_prod.jpg

respect.gif

FWIW.......today I decided to dump the carbon. When I removed the bag from chamber 2, small carbon particles went throughout my tank! My substrate is speckled with black. :angry:

Thanks for all the cool photos Bobalouy! I have had a 75 gal SWFO tank for over 10 years, and just picked up a 12g nanocube dx yesterday. Trying something different for a change. I just signed up here, and you've got me motivated to post?

Hope you don't mind if I ask you some questions. Is that the stock pump? Or did you change it out?

Is the minijet inside the main tank somewhere?

What the heck is cheato? Where do you get it? What does this mean: "removed vinyl on chamber 2"

So far I've just got water & live sand in the tank, so it's a good time to change things if I should. ;)

Thanks in advance!

P

Obsessed Reefer

I'm pretty sure he swapped out stock. Cheato is macro algea for a fuge. "cut vinyl on chamber 2" means the black stuff on the back of the tank is vinyl that can be removed to show bare glass.

oh and people pretty much give away cheato

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Almost a year and a half now, and its been 4 weeks since Ive done a water change lol, scraped the glass once a week.

05-25-06.jpg

05-25-06_2.jpg

got a new ric hopfully it will stay this golden yellow color.

gold_ric.jpg

gsp has no where else to go but out:

gsp_plate.jpg

Your tank falls under the "inspirational" category. How's the Chaeto growing? Still using the Palm light?

EDIT- another question- I want to have my back wall covered with GSP too, any tips or tricks? Did you just glue some back there and away it went?

The cheato is good with the palm light. The Gsp actually plated out from the rock and attached to the wall I didnt really want it too. But it grows so damn fast.

The new one is an Fla, its real small so it does look alittle yuma-ish.

Looks better than ever!

Hey did you get that new ric at Marine Dream's? I saw one there the other day but since they are only taking cash(until the machine is fixed) I couldn't get it, was going to go back today to get it.

Sure did Phil sorry, I wasnt planing on spending any money but I couldnt resist, they still have some nice pinkish ones. Its got 2 polyps and 1 with 2 mouths, so I'll feed them like a pigs and frag.

ChinChek - yeah the xenia really has slown down, It just doesnt have any where to grow now, that orange yuma up to split like crazy so they sting the crap out of the xenia, and so does the frogspawn.

Archived