Cultivated Reef

[STOCK] Tony

Tony

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to test out the black sand to see if it was something that I would like or get tired of in my new tank I am setting up, the xenia was taking over the front of the tank, and the arch was so high and left a big void in the center of the tank.

• 3 weeks later...

So my Pom Pom crab lost his anemone's some time ago during a molt and they had attached themselves to the front glass. I had hoped that the day would come that he would be-able to get them back but alas I cleaned them of with the nimble by accident. About a week ago I noticed a baby pest aptasia and today it was gone from it's crack in the rock and now resides in the little claws of my little crab. I hate apstasia but my poor crab was scrambling for about a month looking for something to hold onto and it is nice to see him happy again. :-)

So here's a pic of my Stichodactyla tapetum mini carpet anemone. I dont think that I've ever posted a pic of it but it is a killer little anemone and doing well.

minicarpet.jpg

Also I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this is growing in my tank. I have it growing in a few places and it's getting big fast.

post-12966-1142024572_thumb.jpg

So here's a pic of my Stichodactyla tapetum mini carpet anemone. I dont think that I've ever posted a pic of it but it is a killer little anemone and doing well.

minicarpet.jpg

Also I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this is growing in my tank. I have it growing in a few places and it's getting big fast.

post-12966-1142024572_thumb.jpg

WOW...that is awesome! How big is it?

It is only about 1"-1.5". It's said that there max size is around 2" and so far it doesn't seam to bother my other corals too much. He's been living in the middle of my pink zoo for a couple of months now and the Zoo are still doing great.

I love the mini carpet anemone, I wish we could get those over here.

I've no idea what they mystery thingie is, algae or sponge perhaps? What does it feel like to touch?

Best regards

Ann

It is smooth. I'll try to get another pic of it next week. I think I'm going to cut it out because it's starting to shade the left side of the tank.

Archived