Top Shelf Aquatics

[STOCK] Tony

Tony

Sandlot : I did glu some green Zoos to the snail.

Thanks for the comments Fishfreak but I think Zoogirl is getting alot of interest from what I can see and there seams to be quite a few players who just havent shown us too much of there tanks so far.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the tank is looking fantastic Tony!! I love the yumas...too pretty. Oh and the feather duster is so cute, I may need one of those. Road trip up to Fremont! :)

Tony, I agree with you that not alot of [sTOCK] people have shown what they are up to with their tanks. I think there has been much more posting from the [CUSTOM] peeps. :lol:

I'm not sure about the placement of some of the frags...

The yellow gorgonians you have require strong, laminar flow to allow them to slough excess skin, prevent algae growth and allow the polyps to extend. A tough coral to keep in such a small tank. Good luck.

I know all too well the problems with the gorgonia and it does require constant attention. I use a soft tooth brush and lightly clean it often.

Ann: I used a dremmel for the stripes and eye.

What filter/heater are you running? (I just want to save myself time and effort in finding a heater that fits inside of a HOB filter...lol)

Cheers,

Fred

AC 30 filter and a small round heater. It's on all the time just like the Hydor mini heaters. I think a hydor 7.5w mini heater would fit easily inside of any HOB filter.

A question for anyone who might read this... My Pom Pom crab has released his anemones. The anemones are still alive and well and moving about the tank. Does anyone know why he might have let them go and does not pick them back up. I'd also like to point out that the anemones have even split since he's let them go.

Tony, please keep at it, I think your tank looks amazing, really! What happened to the gorgonian btw?

If your Boxer crab has put down it's anemones then he could just be preparing to moult. Once he's shed his old skeleton he should pick up the anemones again and carry on as normal. Perhaps this is what is happening to yours?

Best regards

Ann

The gorgonia went back into my main tank. I was getting tired of cleaning algae off of it, but is still alive and well. Some of my pom pom Xenia that's on the bottom right of my tank has stopped pulsing which is bizarre. It has been there for about 2 or 3 weeks and was doing great, Everything else in the tank is fine. Anyone know why this might be happening?

I really liked the Gorgonia, it was cool! B)

Have you checked your water params? Maybe something is a little off to cause the stop in pulsing.

what's your alk, specifically?

some have posited a relationship between that and xenia. i've long given up on xenia (for long-term) so i'm not up to date on the current theories.

I dont know. Thing is the other Xenia in the tank is fantastic, and the piece I'm worried about is only 2" away. Its still pulsing but retracted and not in full bloom.

what's your alk, specifically?

some have posited a relationship between that and xenia. i've long given up on xenia (for long-term) so i'm not up to date on the current theories.

Really? Hmm...I'm having trouble with my Xenia too. Blah. :angry:

Archived