Coral Vue Hydros

[STOCK] Tony

Tony

The gorgonia went back into my main tank. I was getting tired of cleaning algae off of it, but is still alive and well. Some of my pom pom Xenia that's on the bottom right of my tank has stopped pulsing which is bizarre. It has been there for about 2 or 3 weeks and was doing great, Everything else in the tank is fine. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Tony,

On my gorgonian when it slough's its skin - I hit it with a few quick blasts from a turkey baster and it cleans it up good. I only have to do this every few weeks. I also found that its best to keep the gorg's in a lower light area with high flow. I'm keeping mine on the left side of my tank where its partially shaded by the PC socket above it and the outlet from the filter is pumping water right at it. Tank is looking great as always - keep up the good work!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've observed something strange with my banana Yuma and was wondering if anyone has any idea what could have been happening. I noticed two tiny little spots on my otherwise perfect looking banana Yuma that were looking deflated or rough. I got a magnifying glass for a really close look and found that the bumps ( I don't know what else to call them ) looked good just smaller than usual. Then the weird part. Some of the little bumps have a black spot on the end and I observed some kind of string or gel like substance coming out of the Yuma ( at least that's what it looked like ) and the rim of the opening was a florescent green color. when the substance was out the opening looked like it started to close up and resembled the frilly center of a disturbed mushroom but on a very small scale and only on the tip of the Bump ( I could not see it with the naked eye). I cant think of anything else right now accept that the Yuma is fully open, behavior looks normal, and otherwise perfect looking health. Any ideas on what I could have seen. Should I be concerned? Here's the best pic I could get.

post-12966-1137701370_thumb.jpg

Could something have stung it?

I had one do that before. It got weird black spots on it's bumps then it started what looked like melting. After the mouth was wide open spewing guts! It died, but I never knew what the cause was other than hating me. <_<

yes, my first thought was that there was a parasite on it initially from the picture....... then i read the post ( i always tend to do things backwards, haha) im not sure what it is, id just watch it and make sure the problem doesnt spread. good luck, and if you find out what it is specifically, let us know

Kind of a strange thing I have observed in the past month. My Pom Pom crab and little Randall's Gobi have been sharing a little nook behind one of my Yuma's. That is until feeding time and there no longer friends.

a clown and goby? Well, I dont really blame you... My watchman goby is really getting on my nerves. I hardly see him. To me, its not a fish tank without a fish :)

I don't think is was aggression. I remember seeing him one day and then wondering were he was the next so I really have no idea but the clown is not very aggressive. Its too bad too because I re-arranged the tank today and I was going to move him to a larger tank. here is a crapy photo but a preview of the new design.

dscn0001.jpg

Archived