Pod Your Reef

[STOCK] Casabubu

Casabubu

Alright, I now have all sorts of algae growing from my rocks, and will probably stop by my lfs to pick up a few hermits, snails, and maybe even a small coral :)

Test Results:

PH: 8.2

trite: 0

trate: 0

amonia: 0.25

So what do you think, am I ready for some coral? (and maybe a small gobie :o)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<snip>

amonia: 0.25

So what do you think, am I ready for some coral? (and maybe a small gobie :o)

I don't know. ammonia's kind of high. I'd wait 6 months or so to be sure your cycle is done. ;):lol:

Here are some fish that caught my eye on http://www.liveaquaria.com/:

Orange Lined Cardinalfish: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=1431

Red Striped Goby: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=1728

Trimma Goby: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=1968

Clown Goby, Citrinis: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di....cfm?pCatId=161

Please post any comments about any of the mentioned fish. As you can probably tell, Im trying to get something out of the norm.

Alright, sooo much to update!

First, a pic of my ATO. It works super well!

ATO2.JPG

Next, a pic of one of the ceriths I picked up. My ceriths are so lazy! All they do is hang out on the top of the tank while the hermits do all the work :lol: .

cerith.JPG

Check out this cool cave affect I made while playing around with the rocks a little. Granted, I am not going to actually aquascape till the filter arrives (should come today), but w/e.

cool_cave_affect.JPG

Heres a pic of the canopy all filled up with the gorgeous parobolic reflectors

S3600013.JPG

heres my new stuff acclimating

stuff_aclimating.JPG

Heres a macro shot of my hammer, Its still a litttle mad about being abducted from the lfs

my_new_hammer.JPG

And finally we have an fts

fts32.JPG

Whew, that took a while! :lol:

Alright, I feel like posting some photos I took :)

first, a pic of my hermit in heaven

hermit_heaven.JPG

Next, a picture of the hammer. I was playing around with the camera settings and thought that this one came pretty good. (pretty good for not having actinics)

good_macro.JPG

Ive been aquascaping alot lately (as in my hand has been in the tank for about three hours ) and I am never satisfied!

Aquascape 1

scape_1.JPG

Aquascape 2

scape_2.JPG

Aquascape 3

scape_3.JPG

Aquascape 4

scape_4.JPG

And finaly, a pic of a snail looking at his "god" :lol:

funny_snail.JPG

So, which aquascape do you think is best; 1, 2, 3, or 4? Take into acount that the last three aquascape pictures didnt come out so well because of the sand storm.

Still no replies huh? Thats cool, I will still post for you silent types - I know your reading this <_<:ninja:

:lol::lol:

Anyways.......

Test results:

trate: 0

trite: 0

ammonia: 2

ph: 8.0

another macro of the hammer - you guys most be getting sick of these :D

new_macro.JPG

And, Ladies and Gentalmen, I present to you what I am beggening to believe is my final aquascape!! :o

good_scape_side.JPG

And a frontal shot

good_scape.JPG

To be honest all of those aquascapes looked good to me, the end product is smart. :P

Is Mr snail trying to make his escape after all the rock disruption then? :lol:

Keep the shots a coming, I love the Euphyllia coral. :)

Best regards

Ann

Update omgomgomg!!

I bought two corals! I got a galexia (i cheaped out: only $10) and a nice rock of zoos with about 25 polyps for $23 :angry: . But there pretty nice and I really like the store (dolphin pet village). The thing that gets me really mad, however, is that a rock with about 125 polyps only costs 10 more bucks! w/e I will get some pictures tommorow when the polyps open up.

New zoos! This is a pic without actinic... just imagin what it will be like with actinics :o

new_zoos_.JPG

Hammer macro

latest_hammer.JPG

If you havent noticed, I have much better/closer macro shots now. My scecret? Not a macro lense... A magnifying glass!

and an fts...

ftsx.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update today: Actinic light came in a while ago, and all my corals have colored up nicely. The zoos really colored up with the actinics. The orange mouthed ones have a vibrant green center with red skirts. The hammer has been growing like crazy, and its nearly 2" across when fully expanded! Anyways, I am in the process of ordering a nimble nano and cant wait receive it. Thats all for today, and I will try to get some updated pics soon.

Love the new zoos! I never took much notice of zoanthids before this contest started, now I think that they are just fantastic with all the different colour combinations available.

I can't wait to see some updated pictures of this tank with the new lighting combo. :D

Best regards

Ann

Wow, im having the hardest time finding a good a site with good, free image hosting. I dont like using this site because I can only have up to 8 pictures. What image hosting site do u guys use?

I use photobucket.com to BUT it gets full to...so i put my other pics. on www.tinypic.com ....its free...BUT make shure you resizew it before you upload it to tinypic and put the IMG code on ......use microsoft paint...then do strecth skew

Dolphin has a lot of frags but you should try atlantis aquarium too, they have a lot of small frags also. I think they get new stuff on tuesdays. I like some of the people who work at aquatic gallery but Atlantis is my Fav these day's, I think it's because they get a lot of nice looking Yuma. I love Yuma's

Tanks looking good.

what kind of camera do you use? I want to get one but I don't want to spend alot. Your pictures look great in my oppinion.

Using a magnifying glass? Wow!

Dolphin has a lot of frags but you should try atlantis aquarium too, they have a lot of small frags also. I think they get new stuff on tuesdays. I like some of the people who work at aquatic gallery but Atlantis is my Fav these day's, I think it's because they get a lot of nice looking Yuma. I love Yuma's

Tanks looking good.

How are the prices? I couldnt imagine that there more than dolphin. Ill be sure to try that place this weekend. Thx for the tip! Are there any other stores i should check out around the bay area?

what kind of camera do you use? I want to get one but I don't want to spend alot. Your pictures look great in my oppinion.

Using a magnifying glass? Wow!

lol i know. Well your looking at pictures from the ultimate cheapo camera. I got it for christmas last year. It cost $200 brand new from frys a year ago (probably much cheaper now). Anyways, its a Samsung Digimax 360 with 3.2 megapixels. You can probably get one the same quality for about $80-$100 today.

Archived