Coral Vue Hydros

Grahm's 29 gallon reef

gjones

flick- It's around 30 or 35# if I remember right and yes, it's a satellite dual fixture.

addam- its an ac500, made into a fuge, it was a quick fix that was a hell of alot cheaper than a cpr fuge. works fine too. I run PO4 absorbing media in the ac500, between the rubble and chaeto. I don't know how you would put media in and get it back out of the remora. I took it frum the box, to the tub and rinsed it out, then put it on the tank.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really..ok thx qjones....

So, is that the 130w, 30", act/10k, with one fan, and one lunar light kit? Im thinking of getting one for my future 29gallon...can you tell me about it? (ie. what could i grow with it?, is it noisy? Does it get hot? Is it overall a good reef tank canopy?)...

THX SOOOO MUCH!...

Flick

So, are ALL the pics in this post, are they all with your lone satellite dual???..or do you add another light source to it...cuz these are amazing shots man! So if this is the 130w, id be able to have yumas, xenias, zoo's, hammers, frog spawn, and brains???...W O W ! ! ! ..lol

thx

Flick

yea, 130watt satellite dual, I replaced the stock daylight bulb (6500k/10000k) with a pure 10000k bulb, but left the stock actinic in. It does have a moonlight, and it does have a fan, its not loud. It gets warm, but not hot. You can grow prety much anything but SPS under this light. and even some digitas, and monticaps will work up high in this light. Overall, its a good light, i like it.

• 3 months later...

well, my tank is prety well crashed, I came back from a 3 day weekend about a month ago to everything but fish, a few snails, and 5 corals dead. Also the giiant bubble algea COVERED everything. Still working on a salvage, but I'm gonna have to start a new tank this summer.

That SUCKS ! ! ! ! ! What happendd, and good luck!

Where did you order your canopy form? I need a new one...the cheapest, best, site possible. How much was your canopy, what model was it, and what was the site for it? I want to have a look! ;)

Flick :)

addam4208283

well good for you with staying with it. too bad you had a really nice tank going there too. what corals survived?

ADAM

Flick, It's a current usa satelite dual. i think it was 135$ or so, try Premium Aquatics, Hello Lights, or Innovative Lights, all have good prices.

adam, yea, I'm gonna try to re-build. My two brains, my hammer and frogspawn, and some shrooms. They all look bad though.

• 5 years later...

Archived