Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Grahm's 29 gallon reef

gjones

a POS HP photosmart 215, 1.3 megapixel (I might as well be using the camera on my Phone trhe quality is so bad). I'ts from around 1999, or 2000. I'm trying to get my dad to buy himself another better one like he did when he got this one.

Hrer's a pic of the closest to still my wrasse will saty.

Oct3102.jpg

FTS (the POS camera died during pic, so i'll post a better one tomorrow, along with pics of the yuma I'm getting tomorrowafter school)

Oct3101.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I got a nice little 12-head frag of blasto for a steal today, and I bought a pixey hawkfish. I'll post pics soon, I'm having a bit of computer trouble for the time being. Moved red brain to sandbed, and when I figure out how to get this blasto frag off it's plug i'll put it where the brain used to be.

EDIT: Pixey Hawk was my worst purchase ever, last night right in front of me it attacked my 4-lined wrasse, so I'm getting rid of him. My wrasse is hurt, but doing better, her tail is a bit mauled though, I hope she does ok, I have her seperated in my fuge for now.

Taking hawk back 2 LFS today, hopefully I can get a trade-in for the full $25 I spent on the hawk.

Pic of blasto

Nov3011.jpg

Pic of my poor wrasse's tail

Nov3009.jpg

Pic of the attacker, before I went after him, and ended up re-aquascaping my tank

Nov3008.jpg

I did take the hawk back, traded himn for a skunk cleaner shrimp, and I've still got store credit to use next time.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got ahold of some chaeto! Replased that calcium sponge calupera in my fuge. I also got a small sand sifting starfish, and a blue devil damsel. I'll post pics after I get my new camera for xmas.

Great looking tank! And I love the shot of your cat! Particularly with the "demon-eye" effect. So, what kind of camera did you get for Christmas (or did I just miss the spec in the thread)?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

No, I didn't post what kind of camera it was, Its a Vivitar ViviCam3935, 5.0megapixel, 3x optical zoom. It's alot better that the HP photosmart 215 I had before, it only had 1.3megapixel.

Yea, that cat is huge (22lbs), I couldn't fix the eyes in the photoshop, so I left them as-is.

I got an Aqua-C Remora for xmas, along w/ new bulbs, and such. No pics for a day or 2 b/c the tank is filled with micro bubbles frum the skimmer breaking in, so when skimmer starts skimmin, i'll take more pics.

More pics!

Zoos

4cc40b10.jpg

out of controll bubble algea

d53cfb24.jpg

Frog Spawn

a7f33fea.jpg

Hammer

90f6d0e2.jpg

red shroom

0c111e0d.jpg

Remora

IMAG0056.jpg

Red Brain

IMAG0045.jpg

Green Brain

d5f45803.jpg

Photo Shoped Yuma

ricedited.jpg

Encrusting Thing

IMAG0052.jpg

Worm Thing

IMAG0046.jpg

Today I got 5 HUGE nassarius snails (1"-1.5"), and 1 fighting konch (1.5") to help me in the loosing battle for a clean sandbed.

And... I got another Yuma

IMAG0074.jpg

Can't telll which close-up is better.

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

you have some massive bubble algae! that's increadible. I dont' think I've seen such large bubbles before =) lol.

otherwise your tank looks awesome! nice work!!!

you have some massive bubble algae! that's increadible. I dont' think I've seen such large bubbles before =) lol.

otherwise your tank looks awesome! nice work!!!

Thanks for the compliment. Yea, I think in the FTS you can see the extent of the "infestation" a little better. I did get 2 tiny emerald crabs today also. Hopefully they keep busy on the algea, instead of on my zoos like the last 1 I had.

what kind of lighting do you have for your tank?

ADAM

by the way great job on the tank. i can't wait to get mine up and going. i first have a bit more reading to do and finish with all the equipment. taking everything slow and steady.

what kind of lighting do you have for your tank?

ADAM

by the way great job on the tank. i can't wait to get mine up and going. i first have a bit more reading to do and finish with all the equipment. taking everything slow and steady.

Taking it slow is good, I started reading up in march, and didn't have LR in my tank til july. I'm running a Current USA Satelite Dual. It's 2 65watt PC's, for a total of 130watts (one 10K, the other actinic), I'd rather have MH, or T5, but I decided to try the easier stuff first.

Well, I'm a spastic clutz of a dumbass, and I cracked my tank, it didn't shatter, but if I hadn't duct-taped it up, it probably would have spidered out further and likley came apart. The tape gave me more time to think and move all my stuff. All livestock is alive and currently in a holding tank (20H). Hopefully tomorrow I can move it all back into the new 29gal. I now have an AC 500 fuge instead of my internal one, and I have a little more room for aquascaping. I just hope all livestock survives, It all goes back in tomorrow and I have to leave the next morning for maryland. Wish me luck.

Ok, stuff is fixed, got the ac500 fuge, moved all livestock with only 1 casualty, my fighting conch.

Pics

Fuge

IMAG0090.jpg

FTS

Photo001.jpg

The move couldn't be that bad, my brain was still hungry enuff to eat a whole krill.

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im still "perfecting my camera technique. I just took some nice pics, I'll try to post them tonight. The photo program has a problem right now, i have to find it and reinstall it.

Norwood in in southwestern Ohio, just outside Cincinnati.

hey guys

I was just wondering, how much LR do you have in there? And what make is that canopy (is it a satellite? or..)...

thx

Flick

Ok, stuff is fixed, got the ac500 fuge, moved all livestock with only 1 casualty, my fighting conch.

Pics

Fuge

IMAG0090.jpg

FTS

Photo001.jpg

The move couldn't be that bad, my brain was still hungry enuff to eat a whole krill.

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

prob. stupid questions. but did you actually get a fuge or is that a aqua clear hang on converted into a fuge? if the second is the case, compared to a reg. fuge how does it compare? i was looking at the AFLG CPR AquaFuge Refugium Large, but if this works just as well i would try it out. also i noticed you had a remora prot. skim. too. i wanted to no are you supposed to put a media inside or just take it straight from the box and apply to the tank? i ask because i notice some people put media inside their pro. skim. but the ones i saw were not remoras.

thanks

ADAM

Archived