Top Shelf Aquatics

Tigahboy's Reefaroni (67g+30g prop)

reef hugger

adamjonpeterson
Originally posted by Dome001

hey tigah, what did you use to cut the wholes in glass?

Dome

Looks like he used a diamond tip hole saw. Here is the cheapest I have found them. Hole Saws

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, so holes came out perfectly (used 1" diamond hole saw bit and then a diamond drum). background was ready. I even pvc cemented all the plumbing and such (forgot to take pics tho).

but as I was tightening the bulkheads

5gg.jpg

...*crack*

5gh.jpg

bummer.

so bought another 5.5g and decided to try again.

but this time I got impatient and was a little careless w/ the drilling. so yeah. ended up cracking the new 5.5g as well.

5gi.jpg

After that I decided that I'd stick to acrylic for now. =)

the end.

Originally posted by adamjonpeterson

That sucks about the crack.  What you gonna do now?

I think a more accurate question would be: what HAVE you done now? ;)

thanks for the info, need to look into buying one of those bits. need to drill a 29 gallon so hopefully wont have any cracking problems. Debating using a holesaw or a dremel on mine.

Dome

Originally posted by BelowH2O

wow, its really started to grow! I thought I was going to be able to salvage my frag (got it eating again) then my stupid green yuma nuked it and it was gone in a day!

If you ever have an extra piece lmk. I'll make sure you get a great trade or great price for a polyp or two.

for sure. you are the originator, so you got first dibs. taking forever for the tiny polyps to grow into full polyps tho.

adamjonpeterson
Originally posted by Tigahboy

I think a more accurate question would be: what HAVE you done now?  ;)

Ok I need pics, and I need them now. It isnt fair to say that and not follow up with pics of what you did.

adamjonpeterson

i'm kinda hungry, so maybe after i grab a bite to eat.  =)

I have to go to class in like 40 minutes, then to work. Don't do that to me, atleast give me a sneek peek.

Haha. He doesn't wake up again until the early hours of the morning sometimes. :P Haha. Just watch... ;)

The tank's looking good, bro! Have any extra frags of those SPS? ;) I want closer pics of them, too. Wanna see if you have anything really cool in there. Haha. Remember when you asked me if there were pods in the chaeto you sold me? I need to take some pics sometime to show you all the pods that have poppulated my fuge as a direct result of your magic cheato. ;) Really does rock, bro! Trying to line up a ride to your place soon...... :| Stupid me and my lazyness not getting my license. :

Tigahboy....I just have to sing your prasises for a moment. I haven't had the time to read all 25 pages on this post, but I have seen so many pictures of your tank here and on RC over time and you have some of the most impressive setups I have ever seen! Absolutely awesome!

EtOH_is_good

tigah, get those holes away from the edge of the glass tank. read from old wetworx threads that structurally weak and prone to cracking.

Hey Tigah, Did I miss something? What happened to the Anthias? I didn't see them in the last two pics.

???

Bob

heheh. no worries, the anthias were hiding/sleeping in their cave. I'll post a FTS soon w/ them schooling again. =)

Darn you, Dennis! Always keeping us wondering... ;) haha. That's even more reason for me to come over and make the trade. ;) Haha.

just saying howdy dennis! if you haven't checked out "low tide's" classified ad...think about it. i went to check out some of his stuff the other day and he's definitely the real deal. some of the rarest sps i've ever seen. i dunno what he's still got frags of but ask him and i'm sure he'll be open.

danny

my 3rd rainbow morph.

67g0528a.jpg

Uh...I am not an Acan lover at all but I would love to have a frag of that. That is beautiful.

If you ever feel sweet enough, and if I ever have enough money I would love a small frag of that.

Archived