ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy's Reefaroni (67g+30g prop)

reef hugger

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheCoralReef731

Platinum Reefs, cool name. So, now that you have more room, AND MONEY, you can fill up your tank(s) more???

I'm not trying to rush, you. Soy impaciente.

So what do those two pipes in your propagation tank do? Are they overflows?

Maxvan - for some items, yes.

Peter - hehe. still in the red, so not sure how fast this baby will get fully stocked. this hobby is all about patience tho, rite? ;)

and yes, the 2 pipes are stockman standpipes - overflow - to drain into sump.

ha ha

so when you go big, i have dibs on being the northwestern sales rep, right? j/k :P

let me know if you ever go wholesale (as far as your selling).

I'm thinking they won't kick me out as long as I have a nano somewhere in my apt. and I might just have one.

Sounds like he just might pull another fast one on us again... Like the time he hid the nc6 under the blanket...

after scoping tanks today your specs are awesome, another question though (hah sorry im full of ?s) why did u go with the 36" fixture over the 48" and if it was cost or another reason, would u have rather gone 48"?

thanks man, im gonna email socal creations about making my tank, your stand is *****ing, im tall and lenky though so im hoping they can do like 36" for me

peterk - the new prop tank hold only about 20 or so gallons.

DFL18 - I liked the spread of the dual mh's w/ 36" better - basically forms a light gradient where the middle area is a lot more intense and the sides are a little less intensely lit. W/ the 48", I believe you'd have more even coverage, but I wanted to keep a mix of high light sps and some less light needy LPS.

Stund? lmao. :P Sry... Had to, Travis. :P

Haha. Those are freakin' sweet! Like the RBTA, too. You don't have any powerheads for it to crawl into, though. :P What fun is that!? Haha. Stupid anemone... When are you coming over? ;) Haha. I'm always home so just let me know if you ever get time to. I'm up until 3am now, anyways... Haha.

Tigah, your tank is really comming along man. Guess what? You have me considering a remotely located tank. I ran out of room under my tank after bulding the fuge and I still want to add a Skimmer and a Calcium reactor. So...I am thinking about building a small table to go next to the tank and maybe building an acrylic bin that is about 12" tall by about 24" wide and long. I figure since the skimmer and the calcium reactor won't take up all of that I can just turn the rest into a grow out area.

By the way do you still have your 250 watt Ocean Light?

gorgeous zoos dennis...lmk if you ever find something similar to those guys...i'd be more than happy to pay/trade out some stuff.

Archived