SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy's Prop Tank

Tigahboy

uchiha - your IM is buggin out, man. I can see you postin, but looks like u cant read any of mine. hahah. it's kinda funny.

you got a lil monologue goin over there.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They make clear primer for pvc and it is just as good. But if you are having trouble seeing it you can tape off the pipe after a dry fit so it won't be visible when you remove th tape.

Originally posted by brianemone

who needs a closet anyway???

looks like a fun setup,  to bad i wont be getting any frags

That's exactly what I tell my wife. "Who needs fancy stuff like...Food" Hahaha. I need more tanks and corals. I'll probably will get some, hehehe. Well that's if he sells some.

You ever see one of those crazy old ladies that has like 6-8 cats and you are like "Man who the hell would buy that many cats".....yeah.......

ARRRRRG! I filled w/ water to make sure none of the pvc leaked at the joints.

the pvc doesn't leak, and the durso is silent....but the freakin bulkhead leaks! =/ what a PITA. I'm gonna check it out and see if I can add more silicone to seal it up. but if that don't work, this project may be doomed since it might be the hole that is the problem.

Here's some pics of the plumbing...no leaks:

prop0409a.jpg

prop0409b.jpg

The durso I made was even quiet - no sucking noise while I had the tank being filled.

prop0409c.jpg

But I noticed (a little late), that it was starting to leak at the bulkhead here:

prop0409d.jpg

prop0409e.jpg

what's the proposed solution? what was the actual problem that led it to leak in the first place? the rubber stopper on the bulkhead wasn't doing it's job? or is it the chip on the hole that's making it leak?

or maybe i missed something?

it's likely the chip. Gonna add another gasket (a little thicker and wider) and silicone it like crazy; especially where the chip is.

Originally posted by Tigahboy

don't i need to have an actual business to get one of those?  =)

yeah, you sell alot of corals though... and as long as you sell some thats a bissiness right????

I dont know, your the one in law school :D

Archived