Top Shelf Aquatics

My precious little Jebo

Babycakes

CRaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! CRASH!

my tank has probably 100% crashed. my jebo display, not the shallow display that holds all of my prized corals (acans, blastos, dendros, etc).

yeah i'm pretty sad about it, my tank babysitter (bff Sheena) called me and told me that 1/4 of my tank water was gone and there was this flickering loud noise coming from the tank (must be the powerheads being exposed). my auto top off system has STOPPED WORKING! she visited tuesday and everything was fine. and i had to talk to her online and ask her to look at some FTS i took a while back to tell me how low the water got and how bad it got...it was pretty low because one of my maxijets that i had at the top of the tank was totally exposed! omg! this is a scary situation since i'm 3 hours away and my boyfriend can only drive me back and his 22nd birthday is this saturday so i have to stay till sunday to go back to Austin.

anyhoo, the shallow tank should be fine since my friend just had to put top off water every other day and feed it phytoplankton and cylopleeze.

such horrible news. the worst news a reefer can get when on vacation:*(

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't even want to guestimate how much i lost. i know i had a large echinata colony in there and a lot LOT lot of zoos. as a fellow zoo lover yourself i'm pretty sure you understand my loss :P since it takes a while to find certain zoos, trade, buy and etc. sigh.

the damage has been done, i'm pretty sure once she topped it back up with RO the ammonia from all the dead coral probably killed the tank. and also it was probably going through no circulation since all the powerheads were exposed! OMG! gah

my blenny! my lawnmower blenny named lenny! bless his little cute heart, i hope he lives till i get back:(

• 2 weeks later...

my lawnmower blenny is alive!

things that have died:

1 XL colony of green rainbow echinata (25+ heads)

1 bubble coral

1 red pink cynarina

3 heads of neon green candy cane

10 diff. zoo color morphs

rest in peace :(

Hi ganjero! my thread actually continues on here: Jebo 9g sps garden and zootopia

to answer your question i love the acrylic on this thing! it doesn't scratch at all. i've moved rocks around and banged the acrylic accidentally or scrub it down or accidentally had some sand in my acrylic magnet cleaner and no scratches. very clear and thick acrylic. the lights and filtration system you can do without though. my boyfriend has the 32g? i forget how many gallons but it is a beautiful tank w/ faux wood borders. the boyfriend's the one that got me this tank.

i think it's cheaper than the nano? but i'm pretty sure the lighting and filtration in the nano cube is better so you probably don't have to spend too much

Archived