inTank Media Baskets

My precious little Jebo

Babycakes

omg don't be sorry scott! we love him! i wouldn't mind if he took over the whole tank, i'm just surprised that I got such a good deal. lol :D

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

::2 weeks COST::

:Hardware:

Jebo R338 = Free! Gift :D

SunPaq retrofit 2x32w kit = $95

MaxiJet600 =$15

DYI Cold Cathode Ray Tube Moonlight = $25

13lb LR = $91

:Inverts:

5 Nassarius Snails= $10

1 Peppermint Shrimpy = $8

1 Turbo = $2.99

1 Margarita Snail =$2.99

:Software:

LPS

White Buble Coral = $20.00

Pink Cynarina lacrymalis = $70

Pink/Blue/Green Symphyllia valenciennesii =$80

Zoanthids

green/blue/peach = $28.00

ULTRA Blue/yellow = $25.00

Red Orange and Pink = $23.00

Pink Mulberry = $28.00

Purple Green = $Free

mix red/orange/pink and green/peach =$Free

Softies

Cabbage Starter = $Free

Two Tone Blue Shrooms = $11.00

Green Bullseye Shrooms = $18.00

Shipping/Handling

$31.00 + $4

$13.95 + $10

$25

$10

Omg :*( I don't even want to total it up!

I saw that brain wanted to get it but my funds are low. Your corals look great. You shure your gonna have room for the new corals, if you dont I'll be happy to hold em for you... haha. lookin good tho.

-greg

winniebagel

BC, your tank's been progressing along nicely. But it's going to look a lot more rockin' once the Cynarina and the brain comes in! Can't wait for some new pictures!

Man, I'm so jealous... ;) I wish I can finish setting my upgrade tank soon so I can start buying LR/corals. But alas, I have to save up for $600 MH lights. X)

They had a cynaria almost like that at aquatek for $40. You should search locally, shipping gets really expensive. You can usually find most things besides super-rare stuff local...just gotta be patient. I think of it like a treasure hunt.

Your corals look good though

Phergus- If I ran out of real estate I'll let you know :D

winnie-I'll post pics soon! $600 MH? HOLY! that's crazy.

Fumarco- I got my cynarina and brain from www.liveaquaria.com, zoos and bubble coral from www.justcoral.com, zoos and shrooms from www.farms-of-thesea.com. Will try to buy locally from now on.

BH20-lol. yeah i saw that one, it was a red going for like $60 I think. I like the coloring on my cynarina, it's pink with some orange and white on it. It's still puffing up so I'll put up some pics later on. I'm gonna try going to LFS from now on, it's hard to get around since my brother took my car to san antonio and the BF always drives me around and doesn't like having me drive around austin on my own...which makes me sound like a bad driver but i'm not! no marks or tickets so far :D

Symphyllia sp. Pink Blue Brain:

dd_8000780.jpg

1st Day in the tank:

13889pinkbrain.JPG

Closeup of one of the feather dusters attached to the hard part of the brain:

13889featherbrains-med.JPG

Second Night with the moonlight..accidentally took with flash. He puffed up like a balloon. I have to move him away from the tank wall tommorow because it inflated a lot:

puffybrain.JPG

Right now the brain is very fat because it just ate. It's plumping up right now and it has cute stubby little tentacles that come out when it catches the scent of mysis shrimp in the water.

I just aquascaped my tank a little.

moonlighting.JPG

Now there's more sandbed to make room for more cynarinas or scolymias (i want a cynarina/scolymia garden).It's propped up on two small LR, making a little cave, making more sandbed, and more LR to put coral on. I currently have 16lbs Live Rock in my 8 gallon. I think the tank has a total of 8 gallons in it if you count the water displacement by the Live rock..maybe even less than 8gallons of H2O are in there.

I just got this pink cynarina yesterday. Took this shot at night when it was getting all happy with the moonlight and turned on the actinics to get some more lighting:

13889pinkcynarina-med.JPG

when i "enhanced" it using my microsoft office picture manager to make it similar to it's real life presentation:

pinkbrainneon.JPG

lol. thanks BH20 :P

I think I'm gonna try to fit in a 32w actinic under there since I would like more blue tint. that or get a 14k or 20k 70w MH in there but I don't know whether or not I have room for that eventhough a MH is so small. Can the MH be really close to the 2x32? like 1 inch next to it. ??? I really want more lighting but I don't want to overkill my 8 gallon. I really want everything to be more fluorescent.

::TANK UPDATE - 3weeks::

Comparison Picture-2Weeks:

tank3rdweek.JPG

Now:

138893weekstankcloseup.JPG

138893weekstank.JPG

I need more rock in the back right corner. I propped up the "big" LR on 2 smaller LRs so that it can make more room for a sandbed. There's more coralline since 1 week ago. I think it's coralline because it just turned up and it's pink-purple and won't rub off.

should i get another 32w Actinic in there or should I just go for a 70w MH 20k and add it to the lighting...

so that's a 70w MH and 2x32w PC

Too much for a 9gallon?

You're going to have a good amount of heat issues with 70w halides on a 9 gallon tank + 64 watts of pc's.

70 watts alone if you retrofitted into that canopy will probably melt it. Unless you buy a 70w pendant which IMO is a waste of money as they're almost as expensive as the 150-200's...only a couple 10's away.

melt the plastic canopy?? gah...:(X)

could i line it with something?? put in a chiller to compensate for heat or add in fans to cool down the hood?? I really like the shimmer effect of mh and I can see that my tank is lacking in lighting when it comes to just having 2x32w. I'd like to put in another 32w but I don't know if I'll still be satisfied with just 96w. (3x32w)

ah no pendants. I'm a college student living in a condo and don't want to hang anything over the tank.

They do make fixtures with legs that have MH + PC's, but I think that 96W of PC is fine right now unless you want to drop a ton of cash on lighting.

:Hardware List at 4th week:

-Gift! Jebo R338 15x10x15 built in 18 watt fluorescent hagen power glow 12" Trickle Power Filter

-$20 Supernaturals-Tahitian Moon Sand

-$95 SunPaq retrofit 2x32w kit

-$100 16lb LR

-$15 MaxiJet600

-$25 DYI Cold Cathode Ray Tube Moonlight

:Inverts:

5 Nassarius Snails= $10

1 Peppermint Shrimpy = $8

1 Turbo = $2.99

1 Margarita Snail =$2.99

:Software:

LPS

White Buble Coral = $20.00

Pink Cynarina lacrymalis = $70

Pink/Blue/Green Symphyllia valenciennesii =$80

Purple Green Cynarina = $32

Neon Green Caulestrea= $16

Zoanthids and Palys

Green and Light Blue = $30

Farms of the sea Fire Starter = $24

green/blue/peach = $28.00

ULTRA Blue/yellow = $25.00

Red Orange and Pink = $23.00

Pink Mulberry = $28.00

Purple Green = $Free

mix red/orange/pink and green/peach =$Free

Softies

Cabbage Starter = $Free

3 Green Yumas (dime size) = $Free

Two Tone Blue Shrooms = $11.00

Green Bullseye Shrooms = $18.00

Blue Spotted shroom = $10

Green teal Rhodactis = $25

Blue Purple Stripe shrooms = $24

::Shipping/Handling::

$31.00 + $4

$13.95 + $10

$25

$10

$12.95

Some pictures of coral.

13889zooooos.JPG

13889fireice.JPG

13889LPS_garden.JPG

congratulate me! i made it 1 month without a crash! :wizard: it's magic!

Babycakes

I'd do a full tank shot but the tank is pretty ugly since it going through it's hair algae phase.

Planning on getting a lawnmower blenny.

Got 2 more turbos and 2 red legged hermits.

I will be buying a AquaC Remora Skimmer and an AquaClear Powerfilter soon. Upgrading the lighting to 150w or 175w pendant. 14k is what I'm going for but I think they only have 10k or 20k for 175w??

Anyways, I'm hopefully upgrading in the future so whatever gear I'm getting now has to be good enough for whatever tank I'll upgrade to.

Go Rockets! Mavs suck!

pdhenderson

Im planning of purchasing a jebo 10 gal, what are the dimensions of the hood inside?

Oh yea, very nice job, look forward to see more pics, got me jealous!!

Babycakes

I already figured out I'm getting an IceCap ballast...but which bulb to go with?!?! ???

150W 10000K Aqualine HQI Double-Ended Metal halide Bulb

150W 10000K IceCap HQI Double-Ended Metal Halide Bulb

150W 13000K Megachrome Marine HQI Double-Ended Metal Halide Bulb

150W 14500K Megachrome Marine HQI Double-Ended Metal Halide Bulb

150W 20000K Aqualine/BLV HQI Double-Ended Metal Halide Bulb

150W 20000K Megachrome Blue HQI Double-Ended Metal Halide Bulb

pdhenderson- My boyfriend bought me my jebo :D The hood is like 15x7 inches, including the lid. I sealed the lid, cut off the divider between the lid and the light fixture, took out the stock lighting and my boyfriend put in 2x32w in it which took up 4" and left 3" left. Very very tight fit, the 32w's are touching each other. I think you can squeeze in another 32w but I'm not gonna try that since i'm getting a MH.

Archived