Top Shelf Aquatics

Tigahboy's nc6

Tigahboy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ryux21

is it really neccessary to have alternating currents?

that's a huge gorillaz banner. haha.

nope. not really necessary. just wanted something as close as possible to random flow.

and w/ both pumps on at the same time, it gets kinda hot in there. So it's a compromise I guess.

im pretty sure hes making everyone go out and buy a nc6, i was thinking about it and still am, but then i have to keep reminding myself that my 25g is still empty

Hey tg-

Just curious, did you get the third sexy shrimp? If not, how are the two doing? I am thinking of a yellow clown goby, and two sexy shrimp for my livestock in my 6g. Is the 'power of three' required for sexy's?

You know... I look at your tanks and just want to spend money. ;) I want to hook my tank up w/ a few sexy shrimp... Figured they might add a bit of personality to my tank... Only problem is the ***** of a clownfish... You think they'd take a hint and stay away from the anemone? And if they did... You think they'd be happy w/ a life of ricordia, acros, and frogspawn? ;) Just wondering what yours tend to favor in that tank.

And PM me or IM me or something if you decide to sell anything else from your tank(s). ;) I have money burning a whole in my pockets since my trip to Jeff's last weekend was paid for as a b-day present. Have 2 new acros that I'll frag for you, if you like, once you get the big tank up. ;)

Garf - I haven't had time to buy another sexy shrimp. The first 2 are doing fine.

smokez - nc6 is not too expensive at all. maybe it's worth a shot. haha.

imareefer - thanks!

kogut - my sexy shrimp prefer my yuma. which makes me VERY nervous. haha. and happy bday (belated)! I'll let you know when I'm ready to sell stuff. I'm still trying to get the 67g and prop tank goin before I start fragging again.

you know tigah, since you said give it a try im gona do it, when i get a job

There is a HUGE BigAls opening up down the street from where i live, i really want to try and get an application and talk to the manager and see if i can get hired,

that would be WAY SWEET if i did, its supsoed to be fresh and salt ONLY, hopefulyl i can stop by tomorrow, i was goign to today but was too tired form practice

My b-day is May 4. :P My grandma was in from TX, so she decided to celebrate while she was here. ;) Just let me know when things go up for sale again. ;)

yeah. unfortunately you can't run both lights AND wavemaking pumps at the same time. if you want to have both, you should just buy 2 standard power centers instead of 2 dual.

It's interesting to see you used mj606 for your wavemaker application. I wonder if it will last the abuse, although you do have the PH alternate at 15 minute intervals. Your nano is very beautiful, especially with the pink yuma and the dendros in there. Keep up the hard work!

• 3 weeks later...
The Empiricist

Tigahboy, that is one prodigious waterbox. Being that your rockwork here is picture perfect, it's not like you even needed to bother putting the most disturbingly perfect coral arrangement all on top of that :P

I wanted to pester you a bit. 'Cause! How do you like that Y nozzle for the powerhead and in fact, what did you do to your cube in getting that second powerhead installed? I've got two in my 12, but mine goes up n' over. Does that timer allow for two timings ala sunrise/set then primary photoperiod? Doesn't look it. Then again, do you care for dawn/dusk detail? And if I could ask, what will you do for keeping the sand in this tank clean? Annnd... I always wanted to know if there's a brand of salt you prefer! :D

Sorry for practically interviewing you, but I couldn't really resist any longer.

well thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, the nc6 was taken down. All my energy is now devoted to my 67g upgrade tank.

when I did have the nc6, the Y nozzles worked great. The timer was simply to allow for the powerheads to alternate since w/ both on, the nc6 quickly overheated.

And ur right, don't care for the dawn/dusk effect (or lunar lights) that much. a nice plus, but not a necessity to me.

I prefer Oceanic or Tropic Marin brand salt. I use both.

And here's all the mods for the nc6 (I drilled thru the back compartment wall into the first chamber): http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...light=tigahboys

hope that helps.

Tigah, you are an inspiration. I've been meaning to get back into the hobby after switching my 16g BF to planted again. [so much easier:P] This might be the thing for me to do.

10" Red Devil

Hey Tigah,

I noticed on your 30 gallon you have no lid for your tank, dont you worry about the fish jumping out?

Btw all your tanks are the bomb!!! Think $80 is too much for a acan lord polyp? There is a fish store near me that actually has one.

Thanks.

naw. i dont worry about things like that. and I dont really have anything that would be considered really "jumpy." I even kept firefish and only 1 out of 3 jumped. lol.

$80...depends on what morph. indo red/greys you can find for like $40-60 a polyp if you look hard enuf online.

10" Red Devil

$40-60 and then how much for shipping? Im in the Midwest so I bet it comes out to around the same amount.

dual 18w is definitely better than single 18w. good luck w/ your custom set-up. and thanks for dropping by.

Archived