Top Shelf Aquatics

Tigahboy's nc6

Tigahboy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very interesting

those tentacles on the denro looked like they are together by tons of tiny yelow particles, it dosnt look whole, just just a bunch of stuff linked to gether to make it look like one thing, no? or am i just seeing things,

BTW, how are those lights working out? is the 18w enough for the corals??

stock 18w lighting?? wow. Gives a lot of hope for me who's still runing on stock 18ws for my jebo.I can wait to get my hands on some sexy shrimp. Great job on the LPS!

Great nano, I love the sesxy shrimp brigade! However the 0.3 g pico has to be the best tank on this site. Do you think a baby Tang would fit in the Pico for now?

Hey Tigahboy, when you zoom in and out that's not with the camera zoom right? You zoom with the photoshop thing? awesome shots.

thanks everyone for the input.

smokez - I plan to upgrade the stock lighting this weekend tho, so I should have 36w soon.

cesar - I used the zoom on the camera for the macro shot.

Originally posted by Babycakes

stock 18w lighting??  wow. Gives a lot of hope for me who's still runing on stock 18ws for my jebo.

I recently had the corals under 250w MH's tho and I noticed my zoo's already starting to lose a little color under 18w stock. So I definitely want to upgrade for long term success...so hopefully you can upgrade yours as well.

i'm sure it has been asked before, but Tigah, what kind of camera do you use? my digital camera was stolen and I'm in the market for a new one.

Originally posted by snehls

when tigah stubs his toe, do you feel it too cesar?

naw. but he lives close enuf so he would hear me yell about it.

Originally posted by JAMAICANreef

what brand of epoxy fo you use to mount those frags to the rock..my lfs sold me one for 10 bucks and it sucks

HoldFast

Friskaburger

Sorry to keep questioning you, but you're like the only one here with an established nc6 that I can see, but I was curious if you know how much water the nc6 actually holds. I know that 12g cubes really don't hold 12 gallons of water it's actually something like 9 or so if I remember correctly. Have you measured how much water it really holds?

Friskaburger

How much and how often do u have to top off that bad boy? I had this idea for using this 32oz nalgene bottle I had lying around as a topoff reservoir but it's most likely waaaay too small but hey it was 4 in the morning and I was desperately trying to do anything but study. =) I'm sure you know how that goes.

marthafocker

I have the same tank but with 18 more watts...how were you planning on cooling yours? I need some input. I need some input before summer heat hits.

I top off manually. just a cup here and there. I like that auto top-off some guy made here on n-r.com. w/ the aqua-lifter pump and airline tubing.

cooling...not sure yet. check out chris's integrated chiller.

i'll post FTS's soon.

I just got my dual power center from Coralife. It has a wavemaker option and I'm alternating between 2 MJ606's in 15 minute intervals. The power center also comes w/ a second timer for standard photoperiod settings.

nc0408a.jpg

Archived