ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy's nc6

Tigahboy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Newbie527

Here we go with a new year of spending...

Glad I don't have as expensive taste as you!

Keep up the creations.

Well the nanocube was under $100 and the mj606 was like $13. All livestock and LR were moved over from my 30g, so didn't cost a fortune. hehe.

How is the sound level on the NC6? I ahve heard that it is loud. I am hoping to put one next to me on my desk but don't want too man db.

Keith

It's weird. When the main lights first turn on, the fans make this really loud buzzing/vibrating sound. But after about 2 minutes, it goes away. not sure what that's all about. otherwise it's relatively quiet.

haha. well after you make your way around the big boy. ;) That yuma right in the middle really colors it up. ;) Especially with the dendro and coco worm next to it. My dad was seriously amazed at your cube and those 3 the whole rest of the day. :P

Reefer Addict

Tigah-You know that this tank is 'nothing' until you put in a Loch Ness Monster...:D

I see you have the elusive, rare, impossible to find eagle eye zo.......:P

the loch ness is at the back of my tank. just didn't want to get flamed for keeping critter that could get to 100 feet long in a 6g.

Hey Tigah

Awesome tank, just like someone else said, everything you touch turns to gold.

Can sexy shrimp co-exist with other livestock? fish? shrimp? crabs?

thanks

Friskaburger

Awesome tank tigah! Wow ok I want a nc6 now. My modded 12 is kinda busted anyways =( Anyone know a good place online to get the 6's?

Howf777 - I'm a sexy shrimp newbie. From what I have researched, they can coexist w/ others. Rbaby and Embryoguy keep them though, so they might have more specifics to offer.

Friskaburger - thanks. I got mine from nanocustoms.com. YOu should give them a holla, especially if you are local in Arcadia.

Xander - been busy w/ school and n-r.com. hehe. i'll get to your question soon.

hoff, i have 5 sexy shrimps, an anemone shrimp, pistol, emerald crab, and several small hitchiker crabs.

all coexisting for a year in a 12nanocube. feeding, i simply sprinkle flakes below water line. occassionally i ll hand feed them. but ive gone 2-3 weeks without feeding them directly. i think they eat copepods or algae. either way, they are growing at a good rate. one of the bigger ones, even carried eggs, which became food for my clowns.

Got a cheap digital thermometer w/ in tank and ambient temp readings. $10 at fishsupply.com.

This baby runs hot! When I had the stock pump running, it got a lot hotter.

nc0329a.jpg

Archived