inTank Media Baskets

Show off Yo' Blastos...

BelowH2O

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought these guys from eBay, it's from a tank-raised colony so hopefully it will look a lot healthier than this. The seller told me that he took the pic after he just fragged the mother colony.

purple_blastos.JPG

He is holding it for me for a couple of weeks, I will ask for an updated pic when its polyps are a bit more poofy and healthier looking to ensure that I will receive them alive and healthy.

I like purple :)...

BTW Tigah, those blastos are sexxay...I want some!

Heres are my blastos. one polyps out of 9 started dying I think cuz it was getting to much light so I shaded them. After that they started getting more plump and healthy looking.

So let me ask you. I just got some neon green centered ones from my LFS that are amazing looking. Do these prefer lower light or on the sand out in the open? Any information would be great! I do have a nice low light cave area he could go in if needed.

Thanks,

Web Guy

reef hugger

I would try them on the bottom in the open but, if they are not opening up or are showing signs of bleaching move them to the cave.

The picture does them no justice. There Neon Green with the lights off or just day lights on. They don't need the attenics to glow!

10 Polyps for $60.00 7 Huge ones and then some smaller ones.

36.jpg

And people say LFS suck! You just gotta know what you're looking for! LOL.

Nice catch @ $6 a polyp! Yowza! What a deal!

I finally got the updated shot from my purple blastos...here's the pic the guy sent me:

p_blastos.jpg

The pic was taken with Flash and 7100 Daylights, I can't wait to see how they'll look under halides...it looks like it's ready to ship!

here is a piece i got the other day, its about 6" tall, and 4" wide, gorgeous colors, one with flash and next without.

Funky_Fish14

WOW there are some nice blastos here!

Add these to Kase's(posted earlier in thread) collection, aswell as mine. Im going to frag a polyp off it and ship the rest off to Kase!

Anyways I found this thing at LFS. It has 10 or 11 polyps on it, and several damaged/partial polyps. I picked it up for $75 Canadian(60US) at the LFS. Not bad IMO. Although it doesnt look that great lol.

12692Blasto_2-med.jpg

Chris

I got some new ones today. Neon Pinkish Orange with mixed green spotted centers and purple edges. I just stuck them in and will get some shots as they open up.:)

jenniebutterfly

033.jpg

picked these up yesterday, 2 polyps may die, you can see the skeleton in the pic, but the other 11 are fat and healthy :D

K, Updated Shots!! Will get some new shots of the new Neon Reds as they come out.

11 Polyps on the whole colony.:)

76.jpg

77.jpg

Tigah is busy babysitting my new blastos for me until my 20 is up, he was nice enough to take pics for me:

blasto1.jpg

Here's an updated shot of what the purples look like now:

blasto2.jpg

blasto3.jpg

blasto4.jpg

Not as poofy yet as the pics were taken the day they arrived, hopefully I can fatten them up real good.

haha sorry uchiha I had to take it. One look at that thing and I knew it was mine.=) got a pretty good deal on it too I think.lol I'm pretty sure they'll get some more. If not he's got plenty of acans in there. :)

it's a great piece, one of the healthiest i've seen ... your pix don't really do it justice, the thing is simply amazing even if it's "slightly" brown!

Archived