Cultivated Reef

Show off Yo' Blastos...

BelowH2O

yeah it is. It was open in the bag the whole way home. And I'm not even kidding. I'll try to get some better pics as I'm learning with my new camera and I took that pic 2 hours after it was in my tank.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn! Those are some nice Blastos. Blastomussa was always my favorite coral. Got bored of Euphyllids, don't think I could ever get bored of these guys. Why is it that Blastos are always so hard to find ONLY when I'm actually on the lookout for them! I only have my small red colony (just sold off a frag about a month ago, as if it wasn't small enough already) and a 3-polyp frag of the green and purple ones from joshemily... The latter of which LOVES to fall over, btw. I must have glued him down a million times!

The BEST ones, IMO: (i.e., the ones I wish I had!) Used URL tags instead of IMG tags, because I figure you've seen them already--click on the links if you want to see them again!

Greens: http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/data/501/...en_blasto_1.jpg

Bright-ass red & yellow: http://tinypic.com/51df90

Red-rim green: http://www.rtupaz.com/pics/blasto1.jpg

Red & green streaked: http://www.rtupaz.com/pics/blasto3.jpg

Plus Tigah's red with blue centers, don't want to go back AGAIN for the link. :P

Originally posted by uchiha

ahh you took it!!!!!!!!

damn i was gona buy those blastos this weekend too... -_-

I see fugufuff has the same blasto as me. I think he was the one actually that took it.haha and he's in westco too. =)

• 2 weeks later...

my first blastos...small..but beautiful

13889DSC00522.JPG

2 quarters, a nickel, and a dime

13889DSC00523.JPG

'dragon eye blasto' isn't it awesome. so tiny but awesome! this is from their saved stock they didn't post on their site.

i got them from Atlantis Aquarium and i spoke with the girl who works there for 30 mins talking about what i should get for my first blasto.

got if from atlantic aquarium. if you check roe's marine world i think they have a similar one to the first blasto for $99 but i don't know if the green is as intense. Joleen works at Atlantis Aquarium www.atlantisaquarium.com and she helped choose my first blastos and made sure that they'd pop out in my warm lighting (my lighting's a little yellow bc of the 6700k/10k daylight bulb). Joleen said that when you walk by the tank with the green red blasto they pops out at you and it's only under a bare bulb or something.

yeah the second one is my fave. she said this is the coolest blasto they have on stock.they had a while back where the middle was almost black and those sold out fast. this one has a bright red center.i it wasn't posted online but she told me about it over the phone when she was helping me choose and i bought it without having to see it.

she took these pics for me :D

lol cesar. blastos are awesome, they're like baby cynarinas or something. i saw these pastel blue and pale grey blastos at atlantis aquarium that were just awesome. i think blasto prices are going up now. my blastos from atlantis aquarium came in perfect! they packed it so well and the bags were very well cushioned. the water was really clear too which is something i never really ran across when ordering online.

I picked up 3 small heads of Merletti today at a frag swap for $15.00 :) Also a nice large piece of blue stripped shrooms with 10 or more on it for $15 as well on LR. I can't wait till the next frag swap! The big PLUS was I met some new friends or contacts for frags in the future of some killer blastos and zoas..

Picked these up today. 4 nice size ones and a baby! I like the one with the teal in it.:)

Now I hope the other reds pick up. I just moved them so they now have better lighting. Out of the 11 polyps on it 8 are doing ok.

128.jpg

127.jpg

okay.

which of yall bastards got this?!?!? ???

daisyblasto24.jpg

i called at 11:03 (they open at 11am) but it was already gone!! *sobs*

$120 from atlantis. pretty steep but the color morph is pretty sweet. i sometimes wish i live in cali...webguy!! where the heck in texas do you get your blastos for so cheap? like any specific lfs? hope your red blastos regain their health :)

I get mine from a LFS... $120 for that peice is not bad with that many polyps and for the color. North Dallas Aquarium wanted $160 for a red peice that looks like my other red peice that is starting to come back.:) I only paid $60 for my other peices I got.

Archived