inTank Media Baskets

Show off Yo' Blastos...

BelowH2O

Lately there has been an abundance of crazy blastos on this site. Post them here so everyone can see what you got!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres my two wellsi's and a merletti...

9040DSCF0383.jpg

Close-up of the red wellsi...

9040DSCF0399.jpg

Merletti when I first got it. Has tripled in size in about three months.

9040DSCF0297.jpg

reef hugger

Here is one of mine. Need to take some more pics of the others.

My fav, green with blue ring, under PFO 13K MH

543green_blasto_1.jpg

The only surviving frag of blasto wellsi I have. I bought 3 blasto colonies from one LFS, and 2 out of the 3 died. this guy is a survivor!

92210215b.jpg

And may the rainbow blasto wellsi R.I.P. :*(

92211224c.jpg

I've been hesitant to buy any blastos ever since.

Nice pics TB, that rainbow is sweet. I made a rule never to buy a closed up blasto. Although mine never were fully open at the store, they never showed skeleton or signs of recession. I also feed them more than any other coral in my tank.

Is the small wellsi frag you got from me still kicking it?

Glad to hear that!

Now for a better shot of the burgundy/green ring wellsi. This coral is probably my favorite in the tank with actinics on. Has a frosted green appearance, very x-files. Now I need to learn how to take actinic pics.

9040DSCF0405.jpg

oooooooooh. you got the yellow center blatos!!! very nice, man. I know they take forever to grow, but keep me in mind when u want to frag it for a trade. ;)

WOW! I have something the all-possessing Tigahboy doesn't?!?! :P Now I feel really special... B)

You'll definitely be at the top of the list, Tigah. You have too many goodies to NOT trade with. HAHA!!!

what IS the growth rate on blasto wellsi? anyone have a time series of pic? this thing eats like mad, so i'm hoping i can get it to grow out faster.

tigah- you listen to hiero? have you heard deltron 3030? it's one of my favorites... ya gotta change to "tha funkee" though. =P haha! (sorry this is off topic...)

yes I listen to both. I can't bite Del's steez completely now, can i? haha.

blasto wellsi are slow growers unfortunately. I wish they grew like acan, but they don't have that kinda growth rate. the merlettis seem to grow a lot faster tho.

OK, BelowH2O, what do you feed them to keep them so darn happy? I got my first one last week (a red merleti) and I want mine to grow up happy and healthy just like yours! :P

Sure joshnemily... maybe I'll be like reeffarmers and start my waitlisting through 2025. you and tigah are jan and feb 2008. Congrats!!! HAHA...

It better grow out for the price I paid for just 2 polyps. Wish I had gotten the big colony that aquadesignz sold and not from farm-of-thesea. [cough] Chop Shop! [/cough] :blush: Excuse me...

here's my only blasto ...so far only merleti, a large colony too! full polyps on a rock the size of my fist... and growing! i might be getting a few wellsi later on if i find some nice morphs.

close-up

attachment.php?s=&postid=351198

pic of the colony

22j66u

here's an old picture of it in the tank

22j68y

Archived