Coral Vue Hydros

6 gallon long fuge

qualudethunder

mushroom head

Very sweet. I was thinking about getting a urchin but im scared it will eat all the algae. Do u think it would eat all the algae

?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
qualudethunder

How much algae do you have and what kind? I believe it would be best to keep them where there is plenty of different types for them to feed on. That is all they eat from what I have researched so far so if you don't have much I would imagine they would die.

mushroom head

I dont have the algae yet but ill be getting grape cauperla,sargassum,mermaids wine glass,feather cauperla,cheato,halimeda,red gracilaria,ulva and shaving brush. I might get a few other kinds and im having this in a 10g so i think ill have alot of algae.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a question. where'd you get that drain tube for the aquaclear 802? it looks like it has an overflow top and everything, i need to know because i'm looking to put something similar to that to feed my HOB refugium. thanks! :D

qualudethunder

I use a hagen surface skimmer like outtafocus said... I got the U tube from the LFS as well. I believe they are just replacements for power filters or something along those lines. Connecting it to the 802 was kind of tricky. I just did some dumpster divin through my bin of junk parts until I found a combo of tubes that worked to convert the U tube to the 802. It was alot of just trying things until I came up with a way to convert the one to the other. the U tube fit right on the surface skimmer output no problem. I guess I got lucky.

Sean_Buckley

Would you have to do this with acrylic or could you make a custom glass tank? How did you do it with acrylic? Was it custom made or what?

Sean

EDIT: Mushroom Head, where did you get your macro and that? Locally or ordered? Cuz I'm in Canada too and I can't find much here for stuff, not even decent lighting. I have to order it from a US based company and pay border charges.

mushroom head

My friend has a 55g tank and she got tons of macro algae hitch hikers. Im getting most of it from her. The rest im getting from a guy on reef central.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
qualudethunder

HA HA...

My ballast went on my fuge light... It was out for 2 days. Its not looking too good at this point, but it is still going strong. Actually it is looking cleaner to tell you the truth because all of the nasty stuff growing in there died off during the blackout. It just really looks empty though as far as the macro.

I am still going to update pics tonight to show that even fuges need lovin too.

Nothing really happened in my main tank other than some spots of cyano... which appear in my tank every so often anyways so... oh well.

Takin pics now...

qualudethunder

here are some photos from tonight...

I added a small powerhead to get a bit more flow. Notice the temporary light setup, it's from my via aqua 18g which has been on hold for almost a year now. Good thing I had it when the other ballast went.

afterfuge.jpg

afterfuge1.jpg

afterfuge2.jpg

afterfuge3.jpg

Thanks, still one of the sweetest fudges I've ever seen. I'm trying to get mine looking good. I have put some turtle grass and several cauperla spices in there so far. What kinda critters do you have in there? Keep us updated.

ProFlatlander15

looks real good. what kinds of macro are in there and how did you get the grape caulerpa out? im thinking of gettin some for my next tank...

qualudethunder

I still only have the urchin and saron shrimp in there. Some snails and hermits too.

I had to pull all of the grape out by hand. It took a while but it was all dying so it wasnt too bad. The only thing left is really the feather, sargassum and some other random brown macros. Oh and some chaeto too. Plus just alot of smaller un ID'd macros and whatnot.

Archived