Cultivated Reef

6 gallon long fuge

qualudethunder

actually that made perfect sense

i was actually thinking that you could have put a straight piece of acrylic dividing the pump and the overflow but that works too

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH WOW! you got a sweet looking fuge! if I had a fuge like that I wouldn't mind getting one at all.

You can put in some mangroves all across it or some chaeto.

Nice color scheme you get there for your place ;)

qualudethunder

Thanks! I hope others will start doing display fuges as well. I think they are very cool. I was going to put manggroves in there just for the look but was afraid I would eventually have to raise my lighting. I didnt really want to go through all of that since I have read that mangroves arent that effective for nutrient export compared to macro. Can't wait to add the macro...

The red walls in my dining room and kitchen make pictures tuff to take some times. Just throws all of the colors/lighting off on my crappy camera heh heh. But its my favorite room in my whole joint.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, that looks great! I have done a display fuge too! I put some shrooms and xenia in the fuge as well as the chaeto for nutrient export.

qualudethunder

Cool... you have any pics to throw up? I am definatley going to toss a few shrooms in mine once everything settles. There is so much crazy(and scary)algae/plantlife growing off of the live rock right now... including bryopsis, which seems to be dying off now. But some really cool stuff goin on. 65w of 65k lighting makes stuff happen fast heh heh. I will take some pics this weekend of some growth.

qualudethunder

Here are some shots of the growth so far... pretty cool stuff coming out of the rock. You never know what is capable of coming out of live rock until you try to really grow it instead of getting rid of it. The 65k lights don't hurt either heh heh...

• 2 weeks later...
qualudethunder

Thanks outtafocus... I have to say that I am losing some interest in my main tank after watching this setup.

I did add a few macros like the bubble macro, feather and some chaeto. Most of the photos are of what has grown out of the rock on its own. So yeah I pretty much just hooked up the light and watched it grow.

qualudethunder

Yeah as of now thats what it seems like. I am thinking of turning my main tank into more of a planted setup too now heh heh. I would be more selective about whats growing in it though.

wow, how did i ever miss this thread?! awesome idea and setup qualude! that's some nifty handy work on the outflow of the fuge too. very, very cool.

dude thats so badass i love it, looks so clean thats better then alot of people main tank keep of the great work

MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

qualudethunder

Used a band saw and a toaster to make the bends on the outflow yoshiod heh heh.

Ruben, I'm sure its gonna get pretty messy before long though so enjoy it while it lasts.

I am waiting for something to start losing the battle going on in there but everything keeps flourishing. I'm sure in time I will see what the master race of algae is though.

Archived