Coral Vue Hydros

Nano-Reef.com Hosting

Christopher Marks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christopher Marks

Your welcome.  A nice benefit of having it on this server is that this site is already indexed, so yours will be added to a lot of search engines.

NaNO ReeFiN

I'm having a difficult time trying to set up my page... I already have the website and confirmation.

After I log in, I'm looking at the file manager page... what am I suppose to do next..?

(Edited by NaNO ReeFiN at 11:05 pm on July 3, 2002)

Have you already made your website locally on your computer?  If so just upload it.  

Else use the tools provided with the hosting to create pages.

I find it much easier to create my won pages offline and then upload them later.

Guest AbSoluTc

Im kina confused here.  Is this site a resource for information, or is it a bottom line company?  What I guess I am trying to say is, when are you going to start charging access to these forums?

Guest AbSoluTc

50mb of web space

Visual Site & HTML Editor

Web-based file manager

HTML & PHP pages allowed

No 'Hosted By' image footer

Price - $50 / Year

Might I point out, that you can get 250megs, your own domain, 100 emails, tons of other things.. for 60bux a YEAR?

Christopher Marks

Then get hosted elsewhere.  The money from the hosting helps to pay for this webserver.

I am very offended by your first comments in this post.  Up to this point a lot of my money, time and work has gone into this site.  I certainly am not in this to make money.  Thanks for being so ungrateful.

Guest AbSoluTc

You know, I don't have anything against you or your site.  However, if it's as bad as you "make" it.. theny why do you have it up?

I mean, how many times do you post during the day? 1 - 2?  If that.  Perhaps you should sit back and see who REALLY makes your site what it is and start accepting the fact that some of us, are not kids anymore.

Thats fine that you charge that much for 50megs.  However, if you would do a little more research, you might find that you can make some money for your site by forwarding people that want hosting service to a company.. and earn the profits on that.. instead of rapeing members.

Just a thought.

Christopher Marks

"...and start accepting the fact that some of us, are not kids anymore."

:lol: From some of the things you've been posting lately it's hard for me to do that.

Guest AbSoluTc

Whats hard about it?  Listen to your members.  Give us a forum for play and fun.  I guess the point is, your horse is getting too tall for me.  As for the other members, they have their own opinions.

Christopher Marks
Quote: from AbSoluTc on 9:09 pm on July 4, 2002[br]I guess the point is, your horse is getting too tall for me.

Then leave.

hahahaha abs starting sh*t again...the hosted by thing does make it seem that you are profiting from the web space they buy than offering them...either way, if the site was free, dont you think they would have mentioned the forum they go to.

NaNO ReeFiN

Hey Kris (AbS), you've been criticizing on this site a whole lot lately... if you have a problem with the way things are done here, leave! You say you don't have anything against Chris or his site, yet you decide to post a thread called "Let's Blow Nano-Reef.com Up!" or whatever it was called... yeah yeah, it was meant as a joke right? Well, I didn't see too many people laughing with you Kris... actually, I didn't see anybody laughing with you... You're telling me Chris isn't an important part of this board because he doesn't posts as often as the other members here...? Well think about it, if Chris didn't create this site, there wouldn't be members like you who could post here at all. You're lucky we have an Administrator here who's laidback and let's the members post freely here on these boards, unlike other sites where all the moderators are #######s. You need to just chill Kris and stop whinning and complaining about all these little pointless issues.

NaNO ReeFiN

You tell Chris:

"start accepting the fact that some of us, are not kids anymore"

And then you tell him:

"Give us a forum for play and fun"

WTF Man??!!

Guest AbSoluTc

YOU!  You nasty little slob!  You are one to talk!  

This site, at most should only cost 60bux a year.  Give or take 10 bux.  So my question is, where is all that money going?  I mean, what exactly are you paying for Chris? All this seems to run on your own server.  Perhaps you have a t1 or something.  I don't know, maybe you can fill us/me in, but 50bux for hosting is outrageous.  If your having trouble paying for this site, WHY IN GODs NAME are you making it even harder by adding member webpages?  That will increase bandwith, as I see that to be the only cost here.

Please, fill me in.

Guest AbSoluTc

Im tired of all the brown nosing.  You all say one thing.. then start brown nosing to Chris when things heat up!

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Christopher Marks

LOL.  This site is hosted on a dedicated server at Nocster.com.  It costs me $140 a month.  That includes a lot of bandwidth, as well as space.  This site consumes more bandwidth than any virtual hosting place will allow, especially the "$60 a year" hosting places.  It however does not use the 300gb a month that the server is alotted.  So, offering free webhosting to members is not adding on any additional costs.

Archived