SaltCritters.com

After so long..finally

tiepilot68

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tiepilot68

Update on the calcium testing.. Got a kit today ..just tested and its right at 420 mg/L (ppm) which is within the parameters of where its supposed to be according to the test kit directions.

Do you guys generally go higher than this to boost growth?

Well, If you are trying to grow SPS. I would keep it betwen 425-500. But, since your not, it should be fine.

tiepilot68

Ah, oky doky. No not trying to grow them yet. lol Will keeping it a bit higher than 420 or so help to accelerate my coraline growth on my rocks or would I be asking for trouble dosing so high?

My leather coral has really blossomed in the past 3 weeks or so..never seen it so full and well.."puffy" for lack of a better word. I know this is due to the weekly water changes I have been doing, but I wonder if it likes the elevated calcium levels also?

tiepilot68

Man I need to take / post some pics soon!!! Tank is really looking great now. Needs MORE corals of course..but hey..money and corals dont grow on trees! hehe

Heya guys, I've taken some pics with my brother in laws digital camera but I can no longer get into the web site my other pictures are hosted at. Anyone know of a good free pic-hosting site?

Lon

Oky..I think I found a host site..so here goes again.

Here are a few pics of my tank as it is now...Love my big leather in the center of the tank...and my Tomato Clown really loves to hang out around it..so here goes!

000_0040.jpg

Some small bits of purple starting to form here and there...

000_0074.jpg

And Full tank shot...I need more corals!!!! hehe

000_0079.jpg

Alrighty..thats it for now gang. Hope ya like (Hope I did it right!)

Lon

Crud! cant believe it didnt work right! hehe but thanks for makin the link, Trav. ..I'll try photobucket next time. :)

Archived