Pod Your Reef

Trav's 20 Long

Travis

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Travis, even going to the 20 long, Im sure that you still must have some MB7 heart left in you =) I still have mine.

The 20L is looking great Travis, keep up the good work.

Thanks bravoreefer, I think I will hand down my MiniBow reigns(sp?) to my younger brother. He is realy interested in the way i am doing my new tank. Ah, nothing brings a tear of joy when a new reefer is "born" :happy:

Originally posted by Travis

I try to keep a clean tank, Tigah must have rubbed off of me :P

Thanks

Haha...so do you clean your glass for any tiny speck of algae every other day too?

I clean the glass EVERY DAY...even if it's only one finger smugg on the outside of the glass :happy:

Yeah, those are the ones, they had them at WalMart for 7 bucks :P

Ok, since it's been a week now, I am going to try a full photo period (IMO, 12 Hours). I have been running a shortened photo period for the past week (9 Hours). Hopefully it won't spike an algea bloom, but I will just have to try it to find out. :)

Originally posted by Travis

I clean the glass EVERY DAY...even if it's only one finger smugg on the outside of the glass :happy:

That's my boy. haha. Thats how we keep it so fresh and so clean.

Ok, since it's been a week now, I am going to try a full photo period (IMO, 12 Hours).

most people run only 10 hours with halides, since you have PC's you could go for 11, but 12 is pushing it. even if it sparks a little algae bloom you'll be fine.

LEDs are nice, if you ever get a pair of peppermint or cleaner shrimp then you'll find them very useful - those shrimp tend to hatch their babies right after the lights go off, but LEDs dont' affect them - so you can see all the baby shrimp swimming around

a pair of peppermints is a great addition, they provide natural food to the tank every two-to-three weeks. only one will get pregnant though. with cleaner shrimp, you'll have two pregnant shrimp, they take three to four weeks to hatch though. peppermints are great docile scavengers and pretty amusing.

When pairing shrimp, are they like clowns when it comes to being sexed? (larger is female smaller is male ect ect) Or is it just a hit or miss situation?

Archived