Top Shelf Aquatics

Trav's 20 Long

Travis

Interesting, I want to install something similar on my 29gal, however I have a remora skimmer on the back of my system, so I am not sure how exactly to work around it.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after seeing that link to the closed loop scwd, I appreciate your tank even more. up until now, I wasn't sure what was going on back there. nicely done.

Well, I Stocked my tank...w/ Adobe Photoshop 7.0 of course :D

Tank-Stocked-With-%20Photoshop.jpg

What do you guys think? These are jsut some of the corals and that I want to have in my tank when i am done stocking it (if ever...). Questions?

Is your closed loop resting on the stand as his was or do you have it hanging off the tank? I've been debating on doing one but I don't have the space on the back of the stand to sit the pump on...

Nice tank, my only suggestion is get a backing to hide those tubes/wires. I just used a black bristle board for my back.

B) Again, sweet tank can't wait to see it stocked:o B)

I think you could pull it off. They aren't as light needy as other SPS. And at the worst, they'll just lose some coloration, but still be fine health-wise.

Ok, I think I will try one when the tank is ready.

I will start stocking the tank after Christmas, maybe after New Years.

I also have been having trouble with the Mag-5. It just dosn't seem to seal off. So I took the Mag-3.5 (just happend to have one) and jacked the O-Ring from the Mag-5 and WALAH! Water tight external pump :D. With the Mag-5 I was having to turn the ball valve done a bit cause sand was going every where (I only have a 2-3 inch sand bed).

And on another Note I, I went to my LFS and saw about 5 B&W Occ Clowns for sale :) They were 32.99 a fish.

Oh and BTW, I added my clean up crew yesterday.

Here's the List:

10 Astrea Snails

8 Nass. Snails

1 Cerithera(sp?) Snail

1 Mexican Turbo Snail

1 Fighting Counch

2 Red Foot Hermits

1 Scarlet Reef Hermit

Hopefully when My Initial Algea bllom takes place these critters will handle it nicely :happy:

travis, you could definitely get a birdsnest, and it should color up fairly nice too. check out the pic in my gallery, same size tank and lighting

Archived