Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Trav's 20 Long

Travis

Angel Higuera

That loop system looks cool and technicle but wouldint you get the same effect with PH's and timers? Not to mention a little cheaper.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I like the look of it, they will soon be covered in coraline anyways.

I am thinking about ditching the Fuge and replacing it with a Remora Skimmer. I've had a fuge on my MiniBow7 but never seen the affects to be worth having one.

TheL.C.Reefer

Travis,

Nice job on the aquascaping! Yea that hattie rock is loaded with life...got a few pieces for my 20gal frag tank and saw lots of pods the next day crawling around....About the cycle,, When I set my 20 up i added 10 pnds of hattie/a bag of aragalive/and about 5 gal of my existing tank water and 15gal of NewSaltWater...My tank was cylced in 2 weeks, tested it and no nitrite/no ammonia..I added an oscellaris this week since its been 3weeks and hes been doing fine...

That's great TheL.C.Reefer, Do you think it would be possible to add me clean-up crew tomorrow (monday) or wait till Friday. I already have 1 Nass. Snail, 3 Astrea Snails, 1 Fighting Counch, and 2 Scarlet hermit crabs. They all seem to be doing great.

Travis,

Aquascaping looks good!

If you reduce your fittings before entering the tank it would look a little better I think.

Did you crack the impeller housing on your pump or is it leaking from the seal?

Looking good Travis.

Lonny

Lonny as in Lonny froM Fintastic Aquariums in Sulphur Louisiana?

I am not sure as to what is broken exactly but hopfully I will be able to fix it when the part comes in Tomorrow.

Thats me Travis. I found your hangout.

Bring the pump by if you can so we can make sure what is wrong with it. Call before you make a trip over for the part just in case it does not come in. Of course you are welcome to come by anyway.

Later,Lonny

Great looking tank! I also have a 20L I am setting up...What lights do you have? Is that the 30" 130w Coralife 50/50 ? (sorry if it was mentioned somewhere in the post..read it all..but pretty bleary eyed this morning hehe)

If so I am excited! I just ordered mine last night for my tank....if it looks as good as yours, then that makes me very happy! :)

Lon

I've been studying and reading various forums for just over a year now. lol

Firm believer in the planning stage of things! (Just did a search on Protien skimmers Pro/Con...very evenly split debate it seems! Leaning towards Pro here because of no Fug and I know how I may sometimes miss a weekly water change)

I'll post pics a bit later this week...have my custom stand build and tank so far..everything else is on its way...(except LR..waiting to have everything set up for a week or so before I order it)

Cant wait to see yours stocked!!!

Great work. :)

Lon

(Actually Lonny too! Your friend is the only other person I've seen who spells it this way..the CORRECT WAY!!) ;)

Here are some pictures I just took, the reason it's off the tank is because I have to change the impeller housing on the pump.

Full Shot

Closed-Loop-Wavemaker.jpg

Junction at the Squid SCWD

Squid-SCWD.jpg

I hope this helps some of you guys who are interested in a system like this ;)

Archived