Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Trav's 20 Long

Travis

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheL.C.Reefer

Travis,

with the clown issue, I know you started having trouble keeping fish soon after you added the chaeto to your fuge...Do you think maybe the person who gave you the chaeto might have had some parasites/fungus/or even dosed copper in his tank that traveled with the caulerpa to your tank? Sounds like a possibility, might want to ask him....those ricordia are starting to inflate, lookin good!

Thanks Ian. I was haveing trouble with clownfish in general even before I added the Cheatomorpha. So I don't think that's the cause of it. I can keep just about any other fish alive and happy.

Hey Travis, hows that chromis doing? Any signs of sickness like your clown unfortunatly had? I know what you mean about keeping certain fish alive. Even when you buy a healthy looking fish and even qt it, you really never know when a fish is gonna get sick. I've had healthy looking fish die overnight, and not so healthy looking fish live for a long time.

Anyways, I hope I didn't come across as abrasive in my last post. I guess I'm just sensitive about the damsel issue. :)

No problem BelowH20. The Chromis has showed no signs of any disease and is happy as can be. He eats like a pig and enjoys swiming through and around the Live Rock.

This is what I ordered from www.reefgeek.com

1 -- Hamilton Technology Metal Halide Ballast: 1-250W HQI (10254) -- $109.00

1 -- Hamilton Technology 250W 14000K Metal Halide Bulb (Double Ended) (104529) -- $64.95

1 -- Metal Halide Socket - 250W HQI & Bracket (Deluxe) (104180) -- $19.95

I think it should light up my tank nicely...right? :P

2 cans of Mountain Dew: Code Red. ;) I have no ruler or measuring tape in the apartment. Sad, I know. ;) You could put yours up higher than that, though. Mine needs to be a bit lower, actually, for my precious acros! You'll be glad you have the 250watt since you can put things on the sides of the tank and still have them thrive. My RBTA, if you noticed, is all the way on the left-most side of the tank. Always puffed up when the light is on and hasn't moved since the first week. :)

The Light and Socket should be in on Friday, and the Ballast will be in this upcoming Moday.

I just Re-Re-Aquascaped lol. It looks familiar to what my tank looked like when I 1st started, but with some differeences ;)

I will try to post pics soon as everything opens and the dust settles.

Sounds good trav. that MH will look sweet over your tank. 250 watts will definatly light that thing up. Are u gunna start to go with some more sps now that u got 12.5 watts p/g of DE over your tank :D

I think that I am going to ask the "LFS" if they will sell me a few peices of LR from there Coral Display. I want to add some more rock on the left and I don't want to have to the rock. I can try to cover up that black PVC pipe.

I live in the Lake Charles Area. I use Fintastic Aquariums in Sulphur. There is a new place in Sulphur (Aqua Depot) I havn't been there yet, but I will probly check them out when I make a trip to Fintastic.

.::UPDATE::.

I got the Bulb and Socket in today. I am designing the pendant as of right now. I should have it made and powder coated within 2 weeks from today.

Archived