SaltCritters.com

Trav's 20 Long

Travis

Travis, you should think about getting a quarantine set up. maybe a 10 gallon or somethin. I'd put the clown in there and do a copper sulfate dosage. That stuffs a little more rough on the fish but since your clown seems to have velvet bad, i'd go for it. Don't do a freshwater dip. It's a pretty old way to get rid of parasites and causes too much stress on your fish, and sometimes it doesn't work. In order for it to really fully work, they have to be in there for a good time, and that leads to osmotic shock wich after that, its pretty much over. Try to set-up a quarantine and get some copper runnin and you should be ok. Good luck.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well came home today to find the clown dead and half eaten my the hermits and shrimp. I did a small WC and everything in the tank looks great. I just took a few pics and Soon as I get them resized, I will post them ;)

Well here's the pics ;)

Rics

Rics.jpg

Side Shot (Look how big the Toad Stool has gotten :P)

Side.jpg

Here's the full tank shot. The GSP Colony isn't all the way open because of the Water change.

Full.jpg

What do you guys think?

Looking very good, dude! I love the toadstool. It looks as if you're cursed w/ clowns. :( You might have to fall back in the ocellaris which are supposedly much hardier... Sorry about the loss.

Kogut

Thanks man. Unfortunantly that was the Ocellarus :(

MiniReefin

Thanks. Yeah, ther is alot of Coraline. I am haveing to clean the glass every few days 8)

warrior_boy

I am lovin' the way I did the sand bed. Now, all you see is beautiful white sand and no ugly looking benificial bateria on the front of my tank. In the Back, it's like a 5" deep sand bed :P

what do you mean "in the Aqualight"? You got the Aqua_shell?

just buy the Ocean Light. Plus , i would go with A 250w, especially on the long. But thats just me.

BTW, tank is lookin very nice.

I've got the 250 watt pendant on my tank (as you probably know) :P. 20K is a color I love, but I am missing the growth effect of the lower K range bulbs. 14K would probably make things grow more and wouldn't sacrifice too much of the great color. I like the new look of the tank. I think you should add a wrasse or something. Would give you a lot of color and much more swimming activity. That chromis looks great, though. :)

MiniReefin, I am reffring to my Coralife Aqualight. I Might be able to sqeeze in the 250w, but then again, I can always go with a DIY Pendant.

Kogut, Thanks man. I think that I am just going to go with 2 more Chromises and call it a day with fish. That way I can spend more time, money, and effort with stocking the tank with corals.

Archived