Coral Vue Hydros

Trav's 20 Long

Travis

I am working on it Kog ;) As of right now I don't have anyclowns, but This weekend I will try to go by the LFS and check out the new tank raised clowns they have coming in. They are orange but if I like them, I will probly buy a pair :)

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I have heard that Leather corals can emit toxins in the water and cause some chemicla warfare with other corals. I am not running Carbon as of right now, but I want to start. Is it OK to use a nylon stocking (panty hoes) as a bag for the carbon? If not what would you guys suggest.

BTW I dont wear panty hoes ;)

TheL.C.Reefer

Travis,

Leathers do emit some kind of toxins, As you can see with my tank it is dominated with large softies, and I always have trouble adding SPS, thats also i reason why i set up that 20gal to keep sps. Adding carbon does help, but change it out often.

MAN My Toad has extened all the way out (I hope) and it's about 5-6 inches in Diamiter 8)

I got some carbon today, I stuck it in the CPR Aquafuge. Do I have to have STRONG water flow going through it, or can I just let it float?

Well, its best to have strong current, but you might be ok.

What I use is a phosban reactor... they are like $30 and you can put phosban in if you want... but you can also put any other type of pelleted chemical media in there and use it in the most effective way possible.

Congrats Travis, make sure you post some pics after they are done aclimating. Those True Percs are really cool, somewhat regret getting my Maroon Clown.

Thanks Cesar.

They wern't in the tank for 5 Minuters before they started to swim ALL over the tank. These guys must be on XTC or something LOL!!! They seem very healthy are eating like HOGS!!!

Does any one now how long it takes for them to start blacking in inbetween the wite stripes? The larger one looks like it is starting but the other isn't. They are both about 1.5" long and have good color.

TheL.C.Reefer

travis, hope you have good luck this time with those clowns...and by the way, are you noticing any differences in your tank with the chaeto macro you added? Are there a lot of pods in your fuge?...later

Hey man, I hope these guys will do much better than the other clown experiences I have had in the past.

I have noticed a BIG difference in the tank since I added the Cheato. It starved some nusence Macro Algea on my LR and Is taking care off the Diatoms. I also have noticed even less Diatoms in the tank after adding a bag of Carbon. Good Stuff ;)

As for pods in the fuge, I don't realy know. It's hard to see back there (behind the tank). I don't have any LR in there so unless Pods live can live in Cheato Alone, I don't know....

I have noticed a BIG difference in the tank since I added the Cheato. It starved some nusence Macro Algea on my LR

and as long as you keep up with the chaeto pruning you shouldn't have any future problems. kinda sucks to constantly toss out so much life (all the pods and worms and stars that get into the chaeto) but oh well.

just looked back at your photos - you might get better chaeto growth if you light your fuge from the side. i use a desklamp with a curly-q floro and it works really well.

Originally posted by rehren

just looked back at your photos - you might get better chaeto growth if you light your fuge from the side. i use a desklamp with a curly-q floro and it works really well.

Thanks for the advice, but the sides of my fuge are covered in coraline and film algea. With the new Flood Light, I've noticed MUCH more groth than I did with the Galaxy Light.

Originally posted by Cesar

Question, not sure if this was asked. Why didn't you go back the Black & White clowns?

Well, My LFS can't get them for a good while and I didn't want to pay otutragous prices for them online.

Nice pickup w/ the true percs. I wish I had a pair, but I'm stuck w/ my big female. : At least she gets along great w/ my angelfish. You going to add any other fish to the tank? And Where's the full tank shot/toadstool shot!? ;)

Archived