Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Liz’s WB 60.2

Elizabeth94

13 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

If I have any you want, I can send you some. 
when they’re a little bigger ofc 

I’ll totally feel bad if they just melt away though 😅 

2 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

I’ll totally feel bad if they just melt away though 😅 

I got corals from mitten and teeny and my tank crashed. 👀 I still feel bad about that but how was I supposed to know, ya know?

gotta yolo sometimes 

• Like 3

Ugh. Got the hydros wave engine with the hopes to create a flow schedule with two tunze pumps. And I am having trouble figuring out how to configure it. I swear the app is missing a step I need to click on. 

Was toying around with it and got frustrated. Just before work of course. So now I’m at work all upset and worried I wasted $$ on something that won’t work. I hate returning stuff. 

1 hour ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Just before work of course.

This is so relatable. I would just research it at work and be so useless at work hahaha.

Does it need a special cable to connect to the controller or something? I'm sure there's a little setting some where that'll be a total doh moment.

7 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

This is so relatable. I would just research it at work and be so useless at work hahaha.

Does it need a special cable to connect to the controller or something? I'm sure there's a little setting some where that'll be a total doh moment.

Well I just had that moment. 

I purchased the lite version instead of the bigger full version and it doesn’t include the one output I need. 

Now I need to decide if I want to return it or buy different wave pumps that will work with it. The Octopulse 2’s look likes nice pumps.

Or I could even upgrade to the bigger unit so I can control Tunze brand pumps. 

I just like the idea of having a schedule for flow so that its random throughout the day. Create times where its more turbulent, or time frames where its more calm. 

You are right. Im going to return it and upgrade to the bigger version. Ill keep my tunze for now and add different pumps in the future. I want to be able to run my return of this too. 

Just a nice photo I took of the clown. She doesn’t have a name yet- but considering she will probably rule this tank- something like Queenie may be it. 

New fish comes tomorrow. Hope it arrives in good shape. I need to clean the QT tonight..

IMG_8022.thumb.jpeg.79fab0fae3278e17f0936bc6e3513513.jpeg

• Like 3

Starting to get just a little diatoms on the rock. I haven’t had to clean the glass yet- I am hoping that because I started with half live rock I won’t have too much uglys. 

New dottyback came in yesterday looking healthy. Always a relief when you check them the next morning and see them swimming around. He is eating already too. So stinking cute. Hopefully he does well in QT. Ill start prazi in a couple days if he is eating well. 

IMG_8035.thumb.jpeg.2b602a56a277d5a582730e3fdec8d5ed.jpeg

On a side note- I spent the evening at the emergency vet with my dog. His head was shaking like crazy, almost like a seizure. Guess idiopathic head tremors are a common thing with dobies when they get mid-aged. Hopefully it won’t happen again. 

IMG_8033.thumb.jpeg.2bef1ee9b4c51fc534a39cacda45da91.jpeg

My pup is doing better, thank goodness.  Love this dog so much!

Regarding the tank- I am already missing the look of sand and I don’t even have a single coral yet. 

Id have to say- even with no corals I find myself watching my two fish lol. The royal gramma so bright and beautiful. I forgot how pretty they are as I haven’t had one since my very first tank in like 2010. Many people have them so I almost didn’t pick one up. Glad I did. 

Driving myself crazy thinking about long term flow in this tank. I already hate how ugly this tunze pump is. It is really bothering me. It also pretty loud.  

I was thinking of getting a maxspect gyre but this is a 2ft tank and gyres are known to push some serious water. 

Now I am thinking maybe three Nero 3’s. Two on the back walls and one one the left side. If I do this I won’t have to buy that hydros wave engine because they aren’t compatible anyways. Saves me some money.  I liked my old neros on my past tank. 

Grabbed a photo of the dotty back. He is doing really well in QT. He is so hard to take a photo of but he is just gorgeous. Yellow head that fades into coral red, and these tiny electric blue stripes that are hard to capture because he moves so much. 

Before someone asks- that rock in quarantine is made of plastic. Not real rock which can absorb copper. 

IMG_8047.thumb.jpeg.4a5a18117a306bd5d895f6b6b14c98f1.jpegIMG_8046.thumb.jpeg.c11fba9837da4a81bc3f6828627a8720.jpeg

• Like 2

Some not so good news- noticed the QT tank was leaking, conveniently before work yesterday. Coincidence that I was going to do the second dose of prazi tomorrow (as a preventative).

Needless to say I plopped the dotty back in the display tank yesterday and noticed that the royal gramma is being a  jerk. Not even the maroon clown. So today I tied up some mirrors. Dotty back ate today so I think he will find his place eventually. I hope. I love him. 

I am also doing a fantastic job growing algae before my CUC gets here. Obviously not worried. New tank stuff it’s whatever. Although the orange filter does make it look worse than it is. 

IMG_8059.thumb.jpeg.5d20fcbe0e0e15679fd8b2d1f70e6089.jpeg

Although it is very colorful and pretty in my eyes. So full of life. 

IMG_8039.thumb.jpeg.f3a45f39b2bc6d889d64b1c130b3ea31.jpeg

• Like 2

I was so stressed out for the poor dotty back. He was being bullied hard the first night in the tank. The mirror trick is great. 24hrs later and the fish are all out together. No chasing. I removed one mirror on the clowns side because she is being a good girl. Still have one facing the grammas lair for today. 

This clean up crew can’t come soon enough. It has been so long since I started a new tank. Definitely a time to remember patience and just let the tank do its thing. 

Isnt he a beauty? In real life his tail is purpleish. 

IMG_8068.thumb.jpeg.a1471084937f50316f81e6144f4559da.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Elizabeth94 changed the title to Liz’s WB 60.2