inTank Media Baskets

Wuzzo’s Cube Revival Project

wuzzo

It’s been a minute, been dealing with one issue after another and mental stuff but I see the pattern with my tanks and last night I realized it’s slowly going right back to how it was before the start of this thread. I haven’t really done any maintenance on the tank and I’ve fed it less since the last post I made here. As far as losses go, nothing too much except the acros, one is kind of alive though, the acan also unfortunately went too. IMG_5249.thumb.jpeg.127a2d7e3f6fc6fb9543c0c03de1cd62.jpeg

Stuff is toppled over and unhappy, but the biggest issue is the boatload of bubble algae, cyano and bryopsis that is starting to grow. (the algae on the glass doesn’t really let you see it) I don’t really have any sps so I wanted to look into reef flux or fluconazole, if anybody could give me advice with that. Some good things have happened from neglecting the tank though lol, a lot of the zoas have exploded in growth, and I have to frag the leather now because of its size. Also I noticed the cheap Amazon power head gave out after its 4 years of service, time to order another lol

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 12:41 AM, banasophia said:

Hi @wuzzo, thinking of you and your tanks. Any updates? 

Hey! Thanks for inquiring, not gonna lie it almost got to a situation where it was at the start. It’s really not bad but a lot of things in life had come up like personal stuff and relationships and basketball and it was just too much to take care of, so it kind of got neglected. Only real die off is the Acros which were already doing very poorly and two of the blastos sadly 😢. I actually need to frag some zoas though and the hand leather, it’s bigger than my hands now!! 

But here lies the big issue, extreme byropsis and bubble algae issue to the point where it’s not even funny. I just pulled out a giant probably 5 inch long bush across that was covering my hammers, and there’s rocks stuck together only by bubble algae. I tried to take a large chunk of byropsis off but ended up loosening some zoas that were attatched to it so I didn’t even bother. It’s way too much to remove and I can’t dedicate all of that effort into doing it old fashion manually right now. I’m thinking about trying the 4x reef flux dose for bubble algae and bryopsis, there’s also a very weird turf algae in the back of the tank. Any tips on how to get rid of this stuff? Oh yeah and a little bit of cyano.

i don’t plan to let it get back to how it was, I caught myself before it got there. I can’t find the yellow lens I use to take photos so I don’t have any of the state right now unfortunately.

Anyways, big update!!

• Like 1

Wow, sounds like you’ve had a lot going on. That’s the tough thing about this hobby…when life gets busy and we can’t devote as much time to our tanks it can definitely be a setback. Reef Flux could be good to try… not sure about the dose. I’ve had it work really well a few times, but I’ve also had a couple times when it didn’t really help.