Pod Your Reef

Pico Scape inspiration <5gal only

HWEP

Pico reefing isn't easy, so i'd like to create a space where people can find some help in one thing at least, scaping it. 

Scaping a pico reef (in my humble opinion) is a great challenge to take on. It should open up the tank and encourage it to look as bold and vast as possible with the intricacies that come with that, and so when looking in, you can't tell it's a teeny tiny tank....that's my pennies' worth anyway.

Therefore, scaping can be an absolute ***** to do. I actually found this more daunting than my 30 cube.

SO, why not start a thread for people to upload their styles and designs for others to take inspiration off? 

I hope it's popular and i hope it helps.... Here's my new little pico to start. Scape WILL be changed (which is why i need help 🤣)

Current stock after this photo was taken: 
-x1 green goniopora that my urchin was consistently stealing and taking into darkness
- x2 mushrooms, one Orange Yuma and a blue green rhodactis

- x1 Galaxia 

-x1 pulsing xenia

241277157_586730302513693_6854775306541430852_n.jpg

pic1.jpg

• Like 4

I spun the rock around for now to allow for the coral i have. This is the finished look. I've decided to (as @debbeach13 rightly says) opt for coral real estate instead of scape look as it'll quickly cover. 

BTA and his anemone crab friend now been added as it's a split from my other tank that was getting upset due to my overzealous clowns. Looking forward to seeing any other scapes!!! 

242053443_3273987979502979_1785635663456105274_n.jpg

• Like 2