Pod Your Reef

Marine Depot Liquidation Sale

Tamberav

I ended up putting in several orders but first one came already. Zerkon ofc thinks anything I buy must be some sort of odd cat toy because why would I buy anything that isn’t for him? 

090CA606-A9A5-4558-9BA4-A2EAA53BD655.thumb.jpeg.2c62943475c8cdcca1521a70618e2dfd.jpeg

A8F84459-67AE-49FB-8654-0F2AC1B18E26.thumb.jpeg.7844d20cc5be123299c96a41e7999914.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer

I got that davinci clownfish shirt today. Most of the stuff I ordered was food since I was low and they had a lot of bulk frozen on clearance. Should last me a very long time, so good deals all around. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, seabass said:

Nice!  I can just imagine chillaxing with a cold one in that koozie. :smilie:

Koozies are the best!!!😋😉

• Haha 4

Wow, they are really cranking out these liquidation orders. From time of ordering to at my doorstep was less than 48 hours, and no, I did not pay for expedited shipping. I've never received something that fast... 

• Like 5
ECLS Reefer
6 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Wow, they are really cranking out these liquidation orders. From time of ordering to at my doorstep was less than 48 hours, and no, I did not pay for expedited shipping. I've never received something that fast... 

I know right- I asked for the free shipping and so far the only thing that hasn’t appeared is the frozen stuff. They’re killing it getting stuff out! Wish orders from BRS were that fast.

• Haha 2

MD orders have always been pretty fast for me. Faster then BRS which makes no sense since BRS is much closer. 

• Like 2
Kellie in CA

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but some Aqamai KPS's have just shown up on the liquidation.  40% off and they are a great little nano pump.  

• Like 2
Kellie in CA

The ChemiPure Nano is a good deal too.  Someone buy them before I buy more... I'm already in for 5 packs.  

Dang.... I shoulda got that koozie!  

• Haha 2

As I feared and expected, they will be refunding the purchase price, as they have no replacements in stock.  So now I'll have to pay twice as much for a replacement bulb, plus shipping.  Oh well.

• Sad 2
4 hours ago, seabass said:

As I feared and expected, they will be refunding the purchase price, as they have no replacements in stock.  So now I'll have to pay twice as much for a replacement bulb, plus shipping.  Oh well.

If you are fine with a comparable ATI bulb... saltwateraquarium has free shipping on any sized order https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/search.php?search_query=t5 bulb&section=product

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

If you are fine with a comparable ATI bulb

Thanks!  Yep, not married to Giesemann; they were just cheap.

• Like 1

What should I buy to setup my UNS 30a to be a mini reef. I was thinking a macroalgae/softie tank.  Right now I have some oolite but looks like all the sand is sold out or dry which I prefer not to have. I have a ONF nano led that could work or a Kessil a80. I also have a heater and Nero 3 for flow if needed. I have supplants from past tanks that are still good. Would I really need anything? I might try that miracle mud if anything. 

The rest of my order came today. This book is large and packed with information and a lot of photos. It’s only 35 now which is a steal. Something to learn for both seasoned and new reefers.

https://www.marinedepot.com/book-of-coral-propagation-vol-1-edition-2-by-anthony-calfo-hard-cover

Apparently the reason long tentacle plates are more finicky is it is less dependent on feeding and more dependent on precise lighting. 

A755AF94-FC09-4BA7-9BED-7F64F5431840.thumb.jpeg.ea5dfaec4dc95f93d54eb49e9c83210d.jpeg

F98AF542-49CA-4780-B71A-C89FFA0AD5DC.thumb.jpeg.34b74838edaecc65f13435860cf4095d.jpeg

• Like 6
34 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

This book is large and packed with information and a lot of photos. It’s only 35 now which is a steal. Something to learn for both seasoned and new reefers.

I totally agree.  Definitely worth getting at that price.  I don't believe it's in production, so getting it later on probably won't be a viable option.  I read it while I was still pretty new to reefing; but I feel like I should go back and read it again (with a new perspective).

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

The rest of my order came today. This book is large and packed with information and a lot of photos. It’s only 35 now which is a steal. Something to learn for both seasoned and new reefers.

https://www.marinedepot.com/book-of-coral-propagation-vol-1-edition-2-by-anthony-calfo-hard-cover

Apparently the reason long tentacle plates are more finicky is it is less dependent on feeding and more dependent on precise lighting. 

A755AF94-FC09-4BA7-9BED-7F64F5431840.thumb.jpeg.ea5dfaec4dc95f93d54eb49e9c83210d.jpeg

F98AF542-49CA-4780-B71A-C89FFA0AD5DC.thumb.jpeg.34b74838edaecc65f13435860cf4095d.jpeg

I ordered a copy of that today!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Frozen_Reef said:

What should I buy to setup my UNS 30a to be a mini reef. I was thinking a macroalgae/softie tank.  Right now I have some oolite but looks like all the sand is sold out or dry which I prefer not to have. I have a ONF nano led that could work or a Kessil a80. I also have a heater and Nero 3 for flow if needed. I have supplants from past tanks that are still good. Would I really need anything? I might try that miracle mud if anything. 

It doesn’t sound like there is much you need! I am not sure on the Nero 3 size but the KPS is very tiny. 

You could buy a nice book 🙂 

I would recommend a RODI if you don’t have one. 

• Like 2

Everything isn't 60% off, but a good percentage are.  I've ran out of things to purchase, as a lot of things have sold out (or I just don't need them, or any more of them).

I did pick up:

• a DaVinci Clownfish T-Shirt (XL)
  • Kent Marine Ammonia Detox

• a couple of Danner Supreme Air Pumps (for phyto cultures)

• and a Marine Depot Collectible Crown 1998 Sticker :smilie:

https://www.f3images.com/IMD/250/MD5175/Marine-Depot-Collectible-Crown-1998-Sticker-99.jpg  https://www.f3images.com/IMD/250/MD77183/Marine-Depot-DaVinci-Clownfish-T-Shirt-(X-Large)-99.jpg

• Like 4