inTank Media Baskets

Marine Depot Liquidation Sale

Tamberav

Very sad to be losing these guys and feel bad for those who will lose their jobs. 

But just wanted to point out a liquidation sale going on today and things like Lifeguard, waterbox, JBJ tanks are like 40-50 percent off as well as RODI units and filters are so marked a large amount off. So if you have been wanting a RODI, now is probably the time. 

Many other items too… Tunze nano pumps and KPS. Some bigger tank items like a Gyre. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Was about to make this same post! Just ordered a ton of supplies to store for longterm use... snagged a waterbox 20 aio simply because it was such a good deal lol!! Suppose I have some planning to do 😝

I'm also sad to see MarineDepot go. I preferred ordering from them over other retailers. The people losing their jobs in this consolidation is what's most upsetting. We continue to watch corporations act in the "good of the company," but as technology quickly outpaces our human effectiveness we're bypassing the good of people.

• Like 2

Huge thanks for sharing this @Tamberav! I picked up a sweet 17g Lifeguard Crystal tank plus everything I need (sand, heater, HOB filter, thermometer, etc.) to get it ready for my mangroves for $225 after tax. Giant bargain that I would not have seen otherwise. Much kudos to you for pointing this sale out. 🙏

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

Yes nice post. I got several things including some sentimental MD stuff 😕. I haven’t really had a preference over either company, but it really sucks that everybody can’t be moved into some position rather than losing it, especially coming after last year. 

• Like 2
Just now, ECLS Reefer said:

Yes nice post. I got several things including some sentimental MD stuff 😕. I haven’t really had a preference over either company, but it really sucks that everybody can’t be moved into some position rather than losing it, especially coming after last year. 

I also picked up some MD-branded cord labels and a sticker for my water bottle... it's a little weird to see them go, to be honest. Is there any other place to buy equipment besides BRS now? I guess saltwateraquarium.com is still around, but they don't seem to carry a lot of the popular high-end brands like AI, Innovative Marine, etc.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, billygoat said:

I also picked up some MD-branded cord labels and a sticker for my water bottle... it's a little weird to see them go, to be honest. Is there any other place to buy equipment besides BRS now? I guess saltwateraquarium.com is still around, but they don't seem to carry a lot of the popular high-end brands like AI, Innovative Marine, etc.

it's the saddest thing ever!  I loved ordering from Marine Depot.  Those guys were great!  I was trying to think of other places to order from yesterday and completely forgot about, but remembered them this morning, Live Aquaria !  They also sell hardware.

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
13 minutes ago, billygoat said:

There’s some wholesale companies around that sell equipment, one that StinkyBunny always recommended always had pretty good prices. Think it’s on the east coast. They specialize more in Jebao brands and other Asian brands that work but aren’t necessarily Ecotech marine. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

There’s some wholesale companies around that sell equipment, one that StinkyBunny always recommended always had pretty good prices. Think it’s on the east coast. They specialize more in Jebao brands and other Asian brands that work but aren’t necessarily Ecotech marine. 

I've had very good experiences with premiumaquatics.com. I bought my MP40 and skimmer from them, no tax to TX, free 2-day shipping on $35+ orders.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, billygoat said:

Premium Aquatics is another. 

I don’t foresee BRS keeping all the same brands MD has so that is a bummer. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, seabass said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I just stocked up on RO/DI filters, T5 bulbs, and some misc items.

Thanks for reminding me about T5 bulbs. I am not married to ATI so picked up some GIESEMANN for when the bulb change is due. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Tamberav said:

are like 40-50 percent off as well as RODI units and filters are so marked a large amount off.

@Pjanssen maybe time to get a rodi from them before they sell out🤔

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Got rodi replacement filters and membrane.  4L of seachem fusion 1 and 2.  Frag discs, coral cutters, Kent addictives, and more.  I save money right????  My PayPal account says no....

Haha ikr…

I think I spent around 300 bucks but it was all refills for different consumable stuff which I would have bought eventually anyways and technically spent more over time….

• Like 4

Over $500 for me.  I notice that more and more compelling items are becoming out of stock.

A few other items I picked up:

• Various replacement impellers
  • Algae: A Problem Solver Guide by Julian Sprung $12 (only 2 1 0 left)
  • Eheim heater
  • Overflow box for a future project
  • Tunze Turbelle NanoStream 6025 (now out of stock)
  • Stainless Steel Pruning Scissors

I still have a few new items that I picked up from the Drs Foster & Smith clearance sale.  But all of these items are good for a long time, and I will have ultimately saved a bunch of cash.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, seabass said:

Over $500 for me.  I notice more and more compelling items are becoming out of stock.

Liquidation probably means they will no longer carry those specific items. Likely BRS has a comparable item or a contract with a different brand that has something similar.

Really is a shame. I've never purchased from BRS because Marine Depot or Amazon has always been cheaper. It'll be interesting to see what their prices are like after the merger. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, seabass said:

Over $500 for me.  I notice that more and more compelling items are becoming out of stock.

I still have a few new items that I picked up from the Drs Foster & Smith clearance sale.  But all of these items are good for a long time, and I will have ultimately saved a bunch of cash.

That Algae: A Problem Solver Guide is a cool book. I happen to have a copy as well and I consult it frequently when trying to ID pest algae in threads here on N-R. 😅

I went back to the sale again and spent some more today... picked up some MarinePure ceramic biomedia for my new planted project, as well as a backup Aqamai KPS for $70.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Liquidation probably means they will no longer carry those specific items. Likely BRS has a comparable item or a contract with a different brand that has something similar.

Really is a shame. I've never purchased from BRS because Marine Depot or Amazon has always been cheaper. It'll be interesting to see what their prices are like after the merger. 

Ya they had different products and odds and ends which was nice. They had all the lifeguard, waterbox, and such. 

Plus they seem to want you to buy BRS branded stuff... they don't carry spectrapure for example. 

Less choices sucks!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, seabass said:

• Various replacement impellers
  • Algae: A Problem Solver Guide by Julian Sprung $12 (only 2 one left)
  • Eheim heater
  • Overflow box for a future project
  • Tunze Turbelle NanoStream 6025 (now out of stock)
  • Stainless Steel Pruning Scissors

Crap! Stop listing cool stuff! I went back for the algae book 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Crap! Stop listing cool stuff! I went back for the algae book 🙂 

Haha... YES!  But then of course you have to find another item to get free shipping.  It never stops. :lol:

3 minutes ago, seabass said:

Haha... YES!  But then of course you have to find another item to get free shipping.  It never stops. :lol:

ya lol I was debating picking up a spare heater so was like well fk it...

• Haha 1
pricewayne

I snagged Book Of Coral Propagation Vol. 1 Edition 2 by Anthony Calfo.. considering going back for the algae book now lol.

• Like 1