On 1/12/2024 at 5:48 AM, Pjanssen said:

Uhm...

This?

image.jpeg.a4211a9b3c43bf2fe174298a03c422d3.jpeg

Innovative Marine ext 200 peninsula

Or?

image.jpeg.44468e12b5c5e697372f8f4ec3ef05c7.jpeg

Innovative Marine 120 SR

I would recommend a nano tank with a stand and sump setup. Something you can pack full of all your favorite corals even if they are pricey . Something that you can do a 100 percent watwr change with no hassle lol. 

Hope all is well chicka

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

I would recommend a nano tank with a stand and sump setup. Something you can pack full of all your favorite corals even if they are pricey . Something that you can do a 100 percent watwr change with no hassle lol. 

Hope all is well chicka

Yeah, I'm seriously considering setting the IM15 back up. The spot it use to be in is no longer available though, so I'd have to come up with a new location for it. I don't think anything is going to happen for awhile. The whole thing still sits heavy on me. Even though I've been reefing many years and this was my first real crash, I feel awful about how all of those fish and even the corals died.

Aside from killing pretty little things-all is good.

• Like 1
InAtTheDeepEnd
On 1/15/2024 at 4:03 AM, Pjanssen said:

Yeah, I'm seriously considering setting the IM15 back up. The spot it use to be in is no longer available though, so I'd have to come up with a new location for it. I don't think anything is going to happen for awhile. The whole thing still sits heavy on me. Even though I've been reefing many years and this was my first real crash, I feel awful about how all of those fish and even the corals died.

Aside from killing pretty little things-all is good.

deep breaths. it happens . 

when i worked in LFS I heard some really mindblowing stories about people killing stuff - some accidentally, some just through being cruel and stupid. You weren't either cruel or stupid so don't beat yourself up:  crashes happen to the best aquarists at some point unfortunately. The hard thing is with corals they're so wildly different from ourselves keeping them at all is a feat in itself. Keeping them well is next level and looking at your past threads you're a great reefkeeper. Things just go tits up sometimes. Please do set up another tank when you feel ready. Learn what you can from this crash but keep looking forwards.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

So the toadstool and the torch seem like they are going to make it. Now what do I do with them?IMG_0937.thumb.jpeg.b22448eb29bd6de62566a66e18cec663.jpegIMG_0936.thumb.jpeg.1f965d309b68cc8e2cd5693f48c6d6e6.jpeg

There is even a baby piece of torch that I can't get to stay put. 

IMG_0938.thumb.jpeg.23a46da5d9c459e559310832277db8fa.jpeg

• Like 1

although something is still dying I guess, because a keep ammonia readings. Dosing with bacteria every other day. Good news is I have some dry rock cycling.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

although something is still dying I guess, because a keep ammonia readings.

I believe that ammonia is harder on fish and larvae than on coral.  But yes, something must still be breaking down for you to be getting positive ammonia readings.  However, the pics don't show a lot which could be breaking down.

• Like 1
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane Movin' On Up-Retired
  • 1 month later...
dadummy

Torch and toadstool in new home, leather looks like it grew there. Once open I will snap another pic. As pics are with iPhone blue light pics are less than desirable.

IMG_2297.thumb.jpeg.fda5ca9ea36d60c2b779bcac63ef72dc.jpegIMG_2298.thumb.jpeg.68d0e197af3cd26a32333b0c976e2a8c.jpegIMG_2299.thumb.jpeg.95ede30a4ec42dfe6d27b00df27d9323.jpeg

• Like 3