Cultivated Reef

Like I said earlier, it's good to have Prime on hand.  However, at this point, the sooner you can remove the Royal Gramma from its toxic water, the better.

Kindanewtothis
1 minute ago, seabass said:

Like I said earlier, it's good to have Prime on hand.  However, at this point, the sooner you can remove the Royal Gramma from its toxic water, the better.

Do I acclimate it or do I just switch it?

36 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Ok so that went well...Not

I ended up transfering the fish with the rock it was in.

Is the rock big? 

I would take this as an indicator to stop doing things. Get all fish into an environment without any ammonia, and don't touch anything. Do not add anything new to any tank for an absolute minimum of two weeks, preferably at least a month, except maybe a few snails if you get a ton of algae. Stop getting livestock. You can get them later, and getting them later is much safer than getting them now.

This is not a hobby that will go well if you try to rush it. Things will die. I know a new tank is exciting, but when it comes to animals, you need to go slowly. 

• Like 6
Kindanewtothis

If you are interested, the little guy is alright. It ate but it's not really leaving its rock (still waiting for it to go away so I can remove the rock. There are plenny of other caves and rocks to hide in).

The others don't even seems to know it's there.

Kindanewtothis

I could also leave the rock there, it seems to like it and take another "older" rock from my 50 to put in the new tank?

22 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

The others don't even seems to know it's there.

More likely that they are indifferent to its presence.  Neither your clownfish or angelfish should care too much about the little basslet unless they feel that it's encroaching on their territory.  The basslet should become more bold over time (more like weeks versus hours) and hopefully you'll see it out and about more frequently.

18 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I could also leave the rock there, it seems to like it and take another "older" rock from my 50 to put in the new tank?

I'm kind of with Tired in that you should just leave things alone for now.  You can swap rocks down the road, but there's no immediate need to intervene at this point.  Plus, the rock the basslet is in should cure better in your 50 gallon tank than it would in the 10 gallon.

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis
3 minutes ago, seabass said:

I'm kind of with Tired in that you should just leave things alone for now.  You can swap rocks down the road, but there's no immediate need to intervene at this point.  Plus, the rock the basslet is in should cure better in your 50 gallon tank then it would in the 10 gallon.

I agree. I just wondering if there is a plus value to adding rocks from my 50 in the 10 so that in a month I can do something with the small tank.

4 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

just wondering if there is a plus value to adding rocks from my 50 in the 10

Not really.  Just move the rock sometime when the basslet leaves; but don't worry about the timing, just let it happen on your basslet's schedule.  There's no harm in leaving things be as is for awhile.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I agree. I just wondering if there is a plus value to adding rocks from my 50 in the 10 so that in a month I can do something with the small tank.

In a few months' the new rock will be live rock and ready for biological filtration in the smaller tank. 

Re: The RG, I'm guessing within a week it will be out and about.  If you wanted to take the rock out then you could while he's elswhere in the tank.   

It could stress the fish out again, losing it's home, but if there's enough other hiding spaces where he could make another one his own, could be worth the risk.  Judgement call. 

Ideally your Gramma may re-home somwhere else in the 50 on his own.  

• Like 2

i'm sure moving the rock with the fish in it was painful and traumatizing for the fish. please let it rest a couple weeks to get over that. i say stop doing things.

• Like 3
Kindanewtothis
4 minutes ago, MotherofAnimals said:

I'm learning so much from this thread. 

Glad I'm making mistake for others! Doing my best to do things right...

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, MotherofAnimals said:

I'm learning so much from this thread. 

wait until you've seen a dozen or so like it. i feel like i want to start running a pool or be a bookie. also, your hair is awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would leave the rocks where they are.

There has been enough changes and stress to the fish, adding anymore is not a good idea.

The RG has found a home and feels safe.

removing the rock at this stage may stress it out more and its already been in transit to a store, to your home, in 1 tank, now in another with other tank mates.

Let it acclimate and get comfy.

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis
Just now, Clown79 said:

The RG has found a home and feels safe.

I'll probably wait for it to re-home before taking the rock out. No intention to take its home.

Kindanewtothis
25 minutes ago, rough eye said:

wait until you've seen a dozen or so like it. i feel like i want to start running a pool or be a bookie. also, your hair is awesome.

What's my rating? Nothing died yet at least.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Kindanewtothis said:

What's my rating? Nothing died yet at least.

i'm not rating anyone. when you bought the RG i was just going to offer odds that RG wouldn't remain in the QT for 7 days, let alone 30 or 60. just wonder if i would have cleaned up on that bet if someone had taken it.

• Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)