ReefCleaners.org

Kindanewtothis
26 minutes ago, seabass said:

I believe they are Munnid isopods.

Yeah that seems right, thanks.

It's possible others unidentify species of pods are present in my culture or maybe they came with the rocks.

Know anything about these pods?

21 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

How's your tanks going, did you beat the dinos?

Thanks for asking.

The tank without sand is dino free from what I can tell.  I believe it's been more than half a year without a water change (or cleaning for that matter).  Also, I have no idea what the parameters are right now; I really need to get on top of that.  Corals and fish seem to be doing well.

The tank with sand looks a bit worse.  It's partially cyano ridden, but it also has a film on the water's surface.  I'll probably pull the sand bed out and see how things progress.

I haven't really noticed dinos in either for awhile now; but I haven't checked under my microscope either.  I'll have update my build threads sometime soon.  They're super dirty (mostly on purpose), but it would be relatively easy to clean them both up.

• Like 3
Kindanewtothis

There is something that my frogspawns do not like. Heads are closing. It's been going on a few days (since I'm dosing reef fusion I think). Dragon soul torch is less open also

Two of my mushrooms splited in two but the new halfs did not make it and the remaining part don't look so good.

20220113_090834.jpg

20220113_090837.jpg

20220113_090841.jpg

20220113_091842.jpg

20220113_091902.jpg

41 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I have a suspect... the flame angel is niping on it...

:sad: That's too bad, but I guess it was to be expected.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:52 AM, seabass said:

In general, dwarf angels (like a flame angel) are not reef safe.  Some are better than others.  You store wasn't wrong that it will likely be a model citizen for months, possibly years, and then start nipping at coral.

Trading in your angelfish would be an option, but I assume that you wish to keep the angelfish.  I'm really not sure what I'd recommend going forward. :unsure:  There could be certain corals which it might ignore.  But in any case, I wouldn't put any expensive corals in this tank along with your angel.

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
13 minutes ago, seabass said:

:sad: That's too bad, but I guess it was to be expected.

Trading in your angelfish would be an option, but I assume that you wish to keep the angelfish.  I'm really not sure what I'd recommend going forward. :unsure:  There could be certain corals which it might ignore.  But in any case, I wouldn't put any expensive corals in this tank along with your angel.

Thinking of trading it but for what?

Edit: If only a tang would fit.

I love my angel but not to the point of losing all my euphyllias.

• Like 1

You'll have to weigh it all out.  There are few fish that could directly replace it.  You might even find that your remaining fish might become more skittish without an open swimmer in your tank.

I don't believe that a 10 gallon tank is a suitable tank for it, even temporarily.  It's arguable that even a 50 gallon tank is small for it.

Although you might be able to move the Euphyllia corals there.

Kindanewtothis
9 minutes ago, seabass said:

I don't believe that a 10 gallon tank is a suitable tank for it, even temporarily.  It's arguable that even a 50 gallon tank is small for it.

Although you might be able to move the Euphyllia corals there.

I was only thinking about the 10g for a few days (lets say I catch it tonight and go to the LFS this weekend)

Edit: I took the eaten frogspawn out and in yhe 10g for now.

52 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I took the eaten frogspawn out and in the 10g for now.

Good.

I'd probably just catch it this weekend.  Call the store beforehand just to make sure that they will take it.  You could always take a store credit and get something later;  this will also give you time to research what you really want, instead of making an impulse decision.

Finally, make sure that this is really what you want to do.  It's a beautiful fish and an active swimmer.  It might even be why you like your tank so much.  IDK, maybe they have a smaller Flame Angel or Coral Beauty that you could trade for.  Make sure that you QT.

1 hour ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I don't think my 3 heads frogspawn will make it.

:sad: Doesn't look good.  However, there is no harm in leaving it be just in case.  LPS can sometimes make remarkable recoveries when kept in stable and favorable conditions.

• Sad 1
Kindanewtothis

So you will not approve this.

I got a small captive breed yellow tang.

Liveaquaria says 100 gallons, I know I will be there and in a year or two. 

I wanted a tang for so long so I pulled the trigger.

It's been at the LFS 3 months now and it eats. I'm not gonna Qt it in a 10g so it's going in the 50g.

• Sad 1
Kindanewtothis
8 minutes ago, seabass said:

I probably would have recommended a Tomini Tang instead.  Oh well.

Thanks, you always give good advices but it's done and I feel good about it.

3 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Thanks, you always give good advices but it's done and I feel good about it.

Yes, but the problem is not how you are feeling but how your fish will be feeling 😑. I hope you will give him a better home when it will outgrow your tank.

• Agree 2
  • Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)