inTank Media Baskets

fenderchamp's 3.5 gal bow front

fenderchamp

• 2 weeks later...
Merthynia

I just saw your heater malfunction post! I am so glad that you caught it quickly!! This tank is looking great. It looks so open again after the removal/trimming of those colonies. I’m glad you put some of the frags back in here though. Do you have any plans for this little tank in the new year?

• Like 1
fenderchamp
On 12/31/2023 at 10:54 PM, Merthynia said:

I just saw your heater malfunction post! I am so glad that you caught it quickly!! This tank is looking great. It looks so open again after the removal/trimming of those colonies. I’m glad you put some of the frags back in here though. Do you have any plans for this little tank in the new year?

I put some berghia in it, hopefully they will clean it up.  

Other than that, I just intend to continue to maintain it and if all goes according to plan, watch it grow.  I'm thinking that I need to plan on buying a backup light and powerhead. 

Other than that I'm going to try to be a little more proactive with fragging and not let everything get shaded out again.  I think the zoas and other corals are slowly recovering.  I'll post some more pictures in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1
fenderchamp

I just did a 1 qt water change so there is some detritus floating around, but it's the first time I've sighted a Berghia in here for a few days.

I figure that it's probably not a bad idea to document what to expect when adding them to a tank.

The general consensus I hear is "I put a bunch in my 180 and never saw one again".  

I have noticed the pest anemones disappearing.   I put 5 nudibranchs in just over a week ago so hopefully there are some more still alive and active. 

This is the 4th time that I've added nudis to this tank in close to 3 years now.  I added them to the other little tank too (6 in that one) on the same day. 

I'm hoping that if I don't add anything new frags from the outside I might see the end of the aptasias.  

I wonder if you can pick up aptasia from live phyto?  Somehow I suspect you can. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 1 month later...