Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2mL per day dosing pump?

DOJOLOACH

Brs sells 1ml per minute pumps. Mine actually does about 2 ml per dose though.

You can also dilute your 2 part with rodi so you can dose more ml per day but maintain the dosage.. if that makes sense 😂

Tom@HaslettMI

Kamoer X1 dosing pumps can do that.  I have one dosing 3.5 mL/day of All For Reef.  They are supposed to be able to dose as little as 0.1 mL/day. 

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/x1-bluetooth-micropump-kamoer.html?msclkid=e573500339f41a3f5fbe0f24465bd20b&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping>Kamoer>Brand (MAP)&utm_term=4577198188279358&utm_content=Kamoer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, DOJOLOACH said:

I like that kamoer for the price .

Can you control the brs pump to the minute without a controller?

Never tried the kamoer.  I might be mistaken but I belive it is a fairly new pump. I would read reviews .

Brs pumps have zero control. I use an apex but they sell little digital outlet timers that work well.   Think like controlling your Christmas lights 😉

You know I think @banasophia might have  won a kamoer doser.. maybe she can give you a first hand review 🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Never tried the kamoer.  I might be mistaken but I belive it is a fairly new pump. I would read reviews .

Brs pumps have zero control. I use an apex but they sell little digital outlet timers that work well.   Think like controlling your Christmas lights 😉

You know I think @banasophia might have  won a kamoer doser.. maybe she can give you a first hand review 🤔🤔

Good memory, @FISHnChix! I did win one of those from the photo contest but they then went out of stock so they gave me store credit instead and I ended up getting salt instead. 🤗

I do have the jebao DP-4 doser, which I bought to dose 2 part and NOPOX... sadly it’s still sitting on my kitchen table... one of these days hopefully I’ll hook it up. My volumes are around 3 ml each day of each thing, so I hope it can handle smaller volumes. 🤞

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Good memory, @FISHnChix! I did win one of those from the photo contest but they then went out of stock so they gave me store credit instead and I ended up getting salt instead. 🤗

I do have the jebao DP-4 doser, which I bought to dose 2 part and NOPOX... sadly it’s still sitting on my kitchen table... one of these days hopefully I’ll hook it up. My volumes are around 3 ml each day of each thing, so I hope it can handle smaller volumes. 🤞

The jebao was my first bet but heard it isn't good at low volumes. I believe you also have to calibrate it off of 100ml, someone here chime in if you know that is true or not. I know from math that you want to calibrate to a volume more close to what you are dosing for most accurate doses

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DOJOLOACH said:

The jebao was my first bet but heard it isn't good at low volumes. I believe you also have to calibrate it off of 100ml, someone here chime in if you know that is true or not. I know from math that you want to calibrate to a volume more close to what you are dosing for most accurate doses

Yeah I saw some suggestions for how to calibrate it on the amazon reviews... TBH I chose it because it’s the one @Jackal227 used for his Biocube 16, and since he’s my Biocube guru, I went with it. Looks like he was ultimately using it to dose 9 ml of each 2 part solution spread out over 3 times per day... perhaps he’ll chime in whether he had used it at lower volumes. 

35 minutes ago, banasophia said:

My volumes are around 3 ml each day of each thing, so I hope it can handle smaller volumes. 🤞

Lol nope.. been there done that .. not only is it not accurate at low volumes it's not even repeatable.. I diluted mine like 10:1 and still my params where not stable. Switched to the brs 1 ml per minute and tank has been great.. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Lol nope.. been there done that .. not only is it not accurate at low volumes it's not even repeatable.. I diluted mine like 10:1 and still my params where not stable. Switched to the brs 1 ml per minute and tank has been great.. 

Running off a controller?

16 hours ago, Tom@HaslettMI said:

Kamoer X1 dosing pumps can do that.  I have one dosing 3.5 mL/day of All For Reef.  They are supposed to be able to dose as little as 0.1 mL/day. 

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/x1-bluetooth-micropump-kamoer.html?msclkid=e573500339f41a3f5fbe0f24465bd20b&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping>Kamoer>Brand (MAP)&utm_term=4577198188279358&utm_content=Kamoer

After further review I'm going to give one of these a try!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, banasophia said:

Yeah I saw some suggestions for how to calibrate it on the amazon reviews... TBH I chose it because it’s the one @Jackal227 used for his Biocube 16, and since he’s my Biocube guru, I went with it. Looks like he was ultimately using it to dose 9 ml of each 2 part solution spread out over 3 times per day... perhaps he’ll chime in whether he had used it at lower volumes. 

I'm still using it.  When I set up the larger tank I transferred the pump over to it.  I use it to dose anywhere from 1 to 4 ml at a time multiple times a day.  It works for me.  The only limitations are that it increments 1ml at a time so it can be a large jump for a smaller tank.  That can be alleviated by diluting with RO water if needed.

The Kamoer x1 pump would be my choice if I did it again for a smaller tank due to the ability to dial in doses with less than a ml.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jackal227 said:

I'm still using it.  When I set up the larger tank I transferred the pump over to it.  I use it to dose anywhere from 1 to 4 ml at a time multiple times a day.  It works for me.  The only limitations are that it increments 1ml at a time so it can be a large jump for a smaller tank.  That can be alleviated by diluting with RO water if needed.

The Kamoer x1 pump would be my choice if I did it again for a smaller tank due to the ability to dial in doses with less than a ml.

Thanks, Jackal! This thread motivated me to watch some videos today on setting up/calibrating the jebao doser... just ordered some graduated cylinders needed for the calibration and hoping to get it running soon. At this point I’ll be dosing 3 ml daily of all three things I’ll be adding, so I think that if worse comes to worse I can just have it add each thing once/day in a 3 ml bolus, so hopefully it can handle that. 

SaltyGallon
2 hours ago, banasophia said:

Thanks, Jackal! This thread motivated me to watch some videos today on setting up/calibrating the jebao doser... just ordered some graduated cylinders needed for the calibration and hoping to get it running soon. At this point I’ll be dosing 3 ml daily of all three things I’ll be adding, so I think that if worse comes to worse I can just have it add each thing once/day in a 3 ml bolus, so hopefully it can handle that. 

I set one up recently and have been impressed with it - I was sceptical given some of the stuff you read about the jebao pumps but I think its just the usual case that those with bad experiences are more vocal online.

I diluted my two part solutions four fold and calibrated to 10ml instead of 100ml - you start the process normally for the 100ml calibration and you just cut off the calibration when you hit 10ml. The nice thing is you can also dose decimals this way - e.g. my diluted two part is set up dosing 3.2ml and 2.4ml.

When testing the recalibration it was 0.1ml out - which I accepted and account for. Been running the dosers the past two weeks and alk and ca both all good and where I'd expect them to be 🙂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SaltyGallon said:

I set one up recently and have been impressed with it - I was sceptical given some of the stuff you read about the jebao pumps but I think its just the usual case that those with bad experiences are more vocal online.

I diluted my two part solutions four fold and calibrated to 10ml instead of 100ml - you start the process normally for the 100ml calibration and you just cut off the calibration when you hit 10ml. The nice thing is you can also dose decimals this way - e.g. my diluted two part is set up dosing 3.2ml and 2.4ml.

When testing the recalibration it was 0.1ml out - which I accepted and account for. Been running the dosers the past two weeks and alk and ca both all good and where I'd expect them to be 🙂

Oh wow, sounds a little complicated since it’s altering the both amount dispensed and the concentration but I’ll check it out... thanks! Keep us posted!! 🤗

• Like 1